AppMon Clients for Windows and *NIX uses 64-bit architecture, which has several advantages:
- Standalone clients are included in Windows and Linux full installation packages, so separate installations are no longer necessary.
- For Linux 64-bit, there is no need to install extra libraries.
- Bigger data sets for analysis, coinciding nicely with the introduction of the Frontend Server serving these.
What to know before setup
- The AppMon 32-bit Client is no longer supported with AppMon 6.5 and later.
- The Linux installation process requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 or later.
- AppMon Server, Collector and Client standalone installations run only on operating systems with Java 8. On Windows and Linux, the AppMon package comes with a private JRE 1.8 for run time.
- The Client on the Mac requires JRE 1.8 for run time.
- You can install the AppMon Client on Windows, Linux or MacOS X (Intel architecture only).
See System Requirements > AppMon Client for exact supported OS versions.
- Memory requirements: 512MB minimum, 1GB recommended.
- If you want a locally installed Client, for example to connect to several same-version AppMon Servers (no matter what bitness and on which OS) you either install the Client with a full installer together with other components or on Windows do a custom installation ‐ or install separately from a Client-only installer.
Sample *NIX Client-only installation command:
java -jar <path>/dynatrace-client-<version>-<platform>.jar
The Linux Client installation file is named
dynatrace-client-<version>-linux-x86.jarcontains 64-bit client only.
To change the used memory for the AppMon Client, choose Settings > Dynatrace Client and set the Maximum heap memory to a reasonable size.
Use the Dynatrace Client Preferences dialog box to configuration the following:
- General settings: Maximum heap memory, check for Client update, dashboard change, reset warning dialog boxes and layouts, UI full or simple.
- Services: Enable REST Web services and port, allow non-SSL connections and set port, configure proxy for Client.
- Directories: Set storage locations.
- External Tools: .NET reflector and text editor location and Java decompiler.
Starting the Client
Start the Client in one of the following ways:
- From the Start menu.
- From the command line:
cd <DT_HOME> dtclient.exe
<DT_HOME> is one of the following: for a default full installation is
C:\Program Files\Dynatrace\Dynatrace 7.2.
C:\Program Files\Dynatrace\Dynatrace 7.2for full installation
C:\Program Files\dynaTrace\Dynatrace Client 7.2for Client-only installation
If you accept the default directory and install to the recommended
/opt, you can invoke the Client with the following:
Copy the AppMon Client from the disk image to the installation location on your hard drive. To start it, double-click the Client icon (JRE 1.8 required).
To import settings from a previous installation:
- Open the old and new Client application package by choosing Show Package Content from the context menu.
- Copy the files listed below from inside the old Client to the corresponding directories in the Users home directory. The new AppMon Client creates these after its first start.
|Copy from||Paste to|