For easy migration from existing installations, every 6.x (or later) Bootstrap Agent is capable to switch back and forth between Classic Agent and the AppMon Agent. There is no need to re-configure the Agent injection. The switch of the agent platforms can be simply triggered in the AppMon Client.
Before you migrate your production environment, make sure that:
- The AppMon Agent meets your existing requirements and supports your technology.
- The required ports for AppMon Agent are open:
- 8043, 9998 for the Agent-Collector connection.
- 8041, 6699 for the Collector-AppMon Server connection.
- Your BootStrap Agent is version 6.x or later.
- Your AppMon Server and Client are version 2017 May or later.
How to migrate from Classic Agent
You need to switch your AppMon Client to the Debug Mode.
- In the AppMon Client, open the System Profile Preferences dialog box and select General.
- Click Agent Platform.
- In the Agent Platform dialog box, select the required technology from the list at the top.
- Select the required Agent Groups, and click Move to the right.
- Apply your changes.
- Restart your application and the affected Agents.
If needed, use the same procedure to switch back to the Classic Agent.
Newly connected Agents rely also on this configuration.