By default Classic Agents are rolled out within the bootstrap mechanism. To take advantage of the new agent platform, ensure the required ports are open to switch over within the AppMon Client. For more information see Agent Platform Switch.
Required Port Configuration
Open following TCP communication ports:
- 8043, 9998 for the Agent-Collector connection
- 8041, 6699 for the Collector-AppMon Server connection
- Requires Bootstrap Agent v6.x, or higher.
- No further changes of the Agent setup is required. Agent configuration is automatically merged.
Exclude AppMon Agent from antivirus scan
To ensure proper functioning of AppMon Agent and to avoid overhead we recommend to exclude all the files from the Agent installation directory from antivirus scan.
We also recommend to configure AppMon Agent process as trusted and non-malicious. Please refer to the documentation of your antivirus solution to learn how to do that.
If you're using McAfee you may experience CPU overhead. To resolve the issue you need to set McAfee in Exploit Prevention Compatibility Mode.
To do so:
- Disable Self-Protection and Exploit Prevention in the ENS console.
- Set these registry values as a DWORD:
- Re-enable Self-Protection and Exploit Prevention in the ENS console.