- Check whether a bootstrap Agent is used. The automatic update works only for bootstrap Agents.
- Restart the AppMon Collector to which the Agent is connected after installing the update, then check whether the used Collector runs with the version of the update.
- Restart the Agent tier after installing the update.
- If it is a Web Server Agent, restart the AppMon Web Server Agent (the Master Agent) that runs as a service.
- Restart the AppMon Web Server Agent before restarting the monitored Web Server.
- If using a controlled rolled out update, make sure the Agent matches the controlled rollout criteria.
- Is another update currently in use?
- Is the used update newer than the one you want to install? If so, you can install the older update by a using the rollback feature to its version.
- Was the update that is currently active on your Server installed using the controlled rollout feature? If so, then you either need to perform a complete install of the used update or roll back to another version before you can install the new update.
- Do you use an instance Server?
- Have you installed the update with the same instance Server that is currently running? If not, you have to install the update also for this instance Server.
- Have you checked the Server log? Make sure to check the appropriate Server log file shown below your Server node in the System Information dashlet.
Resolution Steps If Controlled Rollout is selected for update X in the update wizard, only a Complete rollout or Rollback can be performed next for update X. This must be done before any other update can be deployed.