- Check whether a bootstrap Agent is used. The automatic update works only for bootstrap Agents.
- Restart the AppMon Collector to which the Agent is connected after installing the update, then check whether the used Collector runs with the version of the update.
- Restart the Agent tier after installing the update.
- If it is a Web Server Agent, restart the AppMon Web Server Agent (the Master Agent) that runs as a service.
- Restart the AppMon Web Server Agent before restarting the monitored Web Server.
- If using a controlled rolled out update, make sure the Agent matches the controlled rollout criteria.
- Is another update currently in use?
- Is the used update newer than the one you want to install? If so, you can install the older update by a using the rollback feature to its version.
- Was the update that is currently active on your Server installed using the controlled rollout feature? If so, then you either need to perform a complete install of the used update or roll back to another version before you can install the new update.
- Do you use an instance Server?
- Have you installed the update with the same instance Server that is currently running? If not, you have to install the update also for this instance Server.
- Have you checked the Server log? Make sure to check the appropriate Server log file shown below your Server node in the System Information dashlet.