Use the update rollback feature to revert to a previously installed update or restore the originally installed version of AppMon. To successfully complete the rollback process, the following conditions must be met:
- You can immediately restart the AppMon Server and its Collectors.
- You can restart related applications and Agent services.
- Your AppMon user account has certain permissions. See the Required permissions section below.
Your AppMon user account must have the following permissions enabled to install, roll back, or remove an update: Manage Updates, Shutdown or Restart, and Shutdown or Restart Collector. See User Permissions and Authentication for more information.
Roll back an update
- In the AppMon Client click Tools > Manage Updates. The Dynatrace Server Settings dialog box appears and displays the Updates pane.
The AppMon Client must be connected to an AppMon Server to enable the Manage Updates menu command. For the standalone Client, you must first select the AppMon Server on which the update should be installed. For the Webstart Client, the Server from which you started the Webstart Client is the only Server available.
- Click Manage. The Configure Update Rollout Action page appears.
- Select Rollback and the version to revert to. If you select root, all updates are disabled and the originally installed AppMon version is restored.
- Click Next and follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the rollback process.
After you roll back the update, it appears as inactive on the Management tab. The History tab displays a record of when the update was rolled back.