If your company has a pool of unused Agent units, Agent hours or UEM visits, you can:
- Create a new license
- Search for existing licenses
- Edit an existing license
- Clone an existing license
- Terminate an existing license
If your company purchased AppMon before May 2017, a contract change might be required. Contact your sales representative for clarification. An additional prerequisite is that all of your AppMon servers need to be at least on version 2017 May (7) and your eServices account has to have special permissions to create licenses. See Home -> Manage Profile if you have appmon-licensing listed in Your Roles.
Ensure you have available license units. Click My Licenses -> Manage Licenses. The Manage Licenses page displays the available license units. If these are sufficient, you can create a new license.
- Click My Licenses -> Create License. The Create New License page displays.
- Select the required AppMon version.
- Select either Perpetual or Online license type. Read more about license types.
- Select the edition of the new license. Read more about editions.
- Specify the purpose of the new license. Optional text field for your own use, which should help to identify this license later.
- Enter the license holder's eServices credentials.
- Select the start day of the new license.
- Specify the license units:
- For Perpetual license, specify the amount of agents for each technology, and volumes of Agent hours and UEM visits.
- For Online license, specify overall amount of agents, and volumes of Agent hours and UEM visits.
- Click Create. The license account owner receives email notification including the license file and the pool balances are debited according to the license values for units, hours and visits.
The license search lets you list all licenses which meet the search criteria. Licenses not created based on pools by Dynatrace license management can't be listed/managed here.
- Click My Licenses -> Manage Licenses.
- Search for licenses by specifying the search criteria license key, email, purpose or server by enter at least 3 characters and click Search.
- All licenses which meet the search criteria display.
Edit an existing license to change the receivers and the purpose. This is an optional text field you can use to identify a license.
- Search for the license you want to edit.
- Select the Action Edit in the license table.
- The Edit license attributes dialog box opens, where you can edit recipients and purpose.
- Click Edit and Finish and Close when you are done. Changes appear in the license table.
Cloning a license let you to create a new license based on an excising on (type, edition and units are identical).
- Search for the license you want to clone.
- Select the Action Clone in the license table.
- The Clone a license dialog box opens, where you can edit recipients and purpose.
- Click Clone and Finish and Close when you are done. Your cloned license appears in the license table.
When a license is terminated, it's not available any more for use and the amount of units, hours and visits within this license gets booked back to the pools and are available to create new licenses.
Terminate a license in eService
- Search for the license you want to terminate.
- Select the Action Terminate in the license table.
- The Terminate License dialog box opens and asks for the confirmation to terminate the license.
- Click Terminate and Finish and Close when you want to terminate the license. The terminated license is removed from license table.