AppMon Clients for Windows and *NIX uses 64-bit architecture, which has several advantages:
- Standalone clients are included in Windows and Linux full installation packages, so separate installations are no longer necessary.
- For Linux 64-bit, there is no need to install extra libraries.
- Bigger data sets for analysis, coinciding nicely with the introduction of the Frontend Server serving these.
32-bit Client is no longer supported with AppMon 6.5 and later.
What to know before installation
- You can install the AppMon Client on Windows, Linux or MacOS X (Intel architecture only).
- Review System Requirements - AppMon Client for exact supported OS versions.
- The Linux installation process requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 or later.
- AppMon Server, Collector and Client standalone installations run only on operating systems with Java 8. On Windows and Linux, the AppMon package comes with a private JRE 1.8 for run time.
- The Client on the Mac requires JRE 1.8 for run time.
Documentation typically refers to the AppMon installation directory as
The defaults for
C:\ProgramFiles\Dynatrace\Dynatrace <major.minorVersion>for a full installation.
C:\ProgramFiles\Dynatrace\Dynatrace Client <major.minorVersion>for a Client-only installation.
/opt/dynatrace-<major.minorVersion>for a full installation.
/opt/dynatrace-client-<major.minorVersion>for a Client-only installation.
To use these default directories you need to run the
cd /optcommand before installation as recommended below.
Download the installation package of choice and run it. With the full package you can run for a custom installation and manually selected components to be installed.
Download the appropriate AppMon installation package (
.jar-based installer requires a JRE 1.8 or later. The
.jar file asks for the install directory, and defaults to the current directory.
If you use SELinux, see SELinux and Dynatrace Product Issues on Redhat.
Use the following to install full package:
cd /opt sudo java -jar <pathToJar>/dynatrace-full-<version>-linux-x86-64.jar
Use the following to install Client-only package:
cd /opt sudo java -jar <pathToJar>/dynatrace-client-<version>-linux-x86.jar
To use the AppMon Client on the Mac requires JRE 1.8 for run time.
Download the Mac disk image (
.dmg file). Open the disk image, and launch the executable application. No further configuration needed.