After you have AppMon installed and you have Agents gathering performance data, there are several steps that you can take enhance the default capabilities of AppMon.
Step 1 - Learn the AppMon basics
Step 2 - Explore the tutorials
Read our tutorials to learn how to use AppMon to monitor and troubleshoot common user experience, application, and infrastructure performance issues.
Step 3 - Review defaults and adjust as necessary
AppMon comes with a plenty of default resources that provide insight into your monitored application. These default resources can be duplicated and customized to better match your application and meet your business needs.
- Inspect the Built In Dashboards and make customized versions as necessary.
- Take a look at the Business Analytics dashboard.
- Review the defaults for the built-in auto sensors and determine the need for installing custom sensors
- Configure auto sensor resolution settings to ensure acceptable overhead.
- Refine the default business transaction discovery.
- Review the default rules for error detection.
Step 4 - Browse use cases and tasks for common roles
Step 5 - Fine-tune AppMon and capture more data
Use the following features to monitor application and infrastructure performance:
- Configure baselines and use incidents and alerts to detect and troubleshoot problems before users are impacted.
- Set up monitors to capture additional performance data.
- Create and share built-in or custom dashboards ‐ be it in the AppMon Client or the browser ‐ to visualize key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Collaborate with other team members using stored sessions.
- Automate commonly performed tasks such as storing sessions.
Step 6 - Explore advanced configuration topics
Additional features that enhance the default capabilities of AppMon:
- Install plugins to unlock new product features for system monitoring, application monitoring, custom actions, and lifecycle automation.
- Learn how to use AppMon to support continuous delivery processes.