A stored session is a memory dump, a thread dump, a sampling, or a former PurePath session that is stored on the hard drive. Stored PurePath sessions also include time series data. To view stored sessions:
- AppMon 2017 May In the Cockpit, click the Session Storage tree in the cockpit to see stored sessions.
- AppMon 2018 February In the Session selector, click Manage Stored Sessions.
Exported sessions are stored sessions zipped up in a single
.dts file. Multiple stored sessions can correspond to one System Profile.
Store session context menu - explicit storage
You can manually store a session to disk.
To save PurePaths or Time series data of a specified time frame to extra files, select Store Session or Export Session from the System Profile's Session Storage context menu.
- Store Session saves session components in files (
.dtsf) in a
YYYYMMDDHHMMSS_n.sessiondirectory in the
sessions\storedfolder specified in Server settings.
- Export Session zips up stored session files (
.dtsf) of a
YYYYMMDDHHMMSS_n.sessiondirectory into a single
.dtssession archive to the path specified, from where it can easily be distributed.
Make available offline
You can store a session in your Client, so it would be available offline, without the connection to the AppMon Server. To do so:
- AppMon 2017 May Right-click a stored session and select Make Available Offline.
- AppMon 2018 February In the Session Browser dashlet right-click the required session and select Make Available Offline.