Measures are the data source for the various chart tiles. You can select a single measure or multiple measures provided the data contained in the measure does not exceed the display capability of the tile type.
Add and edit a measure
- Open the Tile Configurator, and then click Add Measure ().
- Search or browse for the measure(s) to add, and then click the Done button at the bottom of the list of measures.
- After adding measures, click the Edit iconnext to the desired measure to change the display name for the measure, the aggregation method, and the splitting value. See the descriptions below for more details.
Editing a measure in AppMon Web does not modify the measure configuration originally made in the AppMon Client. It only modifies the name and appearance of data on AppMon Web tiles.
Data points and aggregation
A data point is an aggregation of measurements taken by an Agent within a resolution interval. The following aggregation methods are available:
- Average: The average of all measurements per interval
- Minimum: The minimum value measured per interval
- Maximum: The maximum value measured per interval
- Sum: The sum of measurements per interval
- Count: The number of times a measurement occurs per interval
Not all aggregation methods are available for every measure.
Usage of the most actual value
By default web tiles use the data from the entire timeframe. You can set some tiles, like the Traffic light tile, to use the data only from the most recent interval. To do so, simply activate the Focus on the most actual value selector. In that case a tile uses only one data point, which represents measurement from the most recent resolution interval, aggregated by the selected method.
Some measures contain splittings, which are used to identify a subset of measure data. For example, the Memory Used out-of-the-box measure has an agent host splitting. For this measure, you can either display the total memory used for all agent host machines, or choose to split by agent host to display the memory used for each agent host machine.
Chart tiles support the display of up to ten splittings per tile. If your splitting contains more than ten values, choose the most import ten to display on your tile.
To select splitting values to display on a chart tile:
- Click the Edit icon to the right of the measure name.
- Select the type of aggregation from the Aggregation list.
- Optionally type a descriptor that applies to your splitting values to prepend to each splitting value name in the tile's legend.
- From the Splitting list, select the splitting type.
- Use the Prepend measure/display name in legend to add or omit the measure name and display name (if supplied) to each splitting value name in the tile's legend.
- To select a specific splitting value, click the slider next to Splitting values (#) to the right to make the values visible.
- Use the arrows to move splitting values to or from the Selected column. Click Done below the list of values after selecting the desired splitting values.
Use the Filter splitting values box to quickly find a specific value for long splitting lists.