AppMon 2018 March
This feature is available in AppMon 2018 March only.
AppMon Web allows you to import dashboards from the AppMon Client. It is a convenient way to migrate your dashboards to web interface. The feature is limited, and not everything can be imported. See Limitations and compatibility section below for more information.
Note, that a dashboard itself does not contain any data. It's just a configuration of how the data from a particular data source must look like. The actual displayed data depends on user permissions and data source availability. In particular, Clients are able to connect to several AppMon Servers, while AppMon Web is always tied to one Server. So if you import a dashboard, which used several Servers as data sources in the Client, you can only see the data from the Server to which AppMon Web belongs to. For other servers a warning about unreachable data source is displayed.
How to import
- Open the required dashboard in the AppMon Client.
- Save it to the file system.
- Sign in to the AppMon Web, and open the Dashboards web view.
- Click Import client dashboard in the top right corner.
- Click Select client dashboard.
- Navigate to the saved dashboard and open it.
- Wait for the conversion process to complete. The message displays log warnings at the end.
The imported dashboard have the same name as in the AppMon Client. You can change it later.
Limitations and compatibility
Up to 40 measures for one dashlet can be imported. In case of splitting each part counts as one measure.
Only several filters and dashlet types can be imported. See the lists below.
The imported dashboards won't look exactly the same as in the Client, as the tabular layout can not be used in AppMon Web. Unsupported dashlets will appear as empty tiles.
|Filter||Can be imported?|
Even though some dashlets are unavailable for direct import, you can still get the information via workarounds. See the table and workaround steps below.
Link to a dashboard or a web view
Every web dashboard tile, except for the Text and measurement tile, supports the change of click behavior.
By default a click on tile opens its detailed view. You can change it to open a dashboard, or a URL, including URL of a web view.
To change a click behavior:
- In the AppMon Web, navigate to the required dashboard, and click Edit.
- Select the required tile, and click Edit tile.
- Expand the Advanced settings section.
- Select the required click behavior:
- Open the tile detail view: Default behavior. On click expands the tile to full-screen view.
- Link to a dashboard: On click opens the selected dashboard. Only dashboards, to which the current user has access can be linked.
- Open a URL: On click opens the specified URL. You can specify an external URL, which opens in a new tab, or an internal URL, which opens in the same tab.
For internal URls, you don't have to specify the whole URL, but just the web view suffix with
#sign, for example,
#pure-paths. Web view opens with same filters applied, as the source dashboard.
- Save your changes.
Link from the text and measures tile
In the Text and measures tile you can create a link to any URL. Use this functionality to link another dashboards or web views from the tile.
Embed a dashboard or a web view
The Web tile renders external content inside an iframe and thus provides the ability to display the PurePaths view or external content on a web dashboard. Note, that here you always have to specify the full URL.