The basic concept of sharing views or dashboards is providing a persistent URL that you can send off or include in other assets like web dashboards, documents or wiki pages.
Share a web view or built-in dashboard
Web views and built-in dashboards are available for all users with sufficient permissions.
To share a web view, or a built-in web dashboard, click the Share button in the top right corner of the screen. Then just copy the link and send it.
Share a custom dashboard
Custom web dashboards that you create are only accessible to you until you share them with other users. You have the following options:
- Share with specific users and user-groups.
- Share with all users.
- Public share. See the guide in the Publicly share a web dashboard section below.
A dashboard that has been shared with you appears in the Shared tab in the dashboard overview every time you log in to the AppMon Web.
To share a custom web dashboard:
- Click the Share button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the access level:
- Only you: Nobody else can see it.
- Specific users: Invited users see the dashboard at the Shared tab.
- AppMon 2017 May Copy the link, and send it to the users.
- AppMon 2018 April Specify the users. Click the input area, select the User or Group option, and then select the required user/group from the list.
- All users: All users with sufficient permissions will see the dashboard at the Shared tab.
- If needed, activate the Fixed system profile and application for other users button, to prevent change of data source by other users.
- You can also click Send invite to send the email with link to the dashboard.
Whenever a user shares a web dashboard with value to you, you can add it to your personal favorites. Each time a user marks a dashboard as a personal favorite, the popularity increases.
Publicly share a web dashboard
You can share a custom web dashboard with somebody, who doesn't have the AppMon account. To do so, you need to append the login and password to the URL of the shared dashboard:
https://<dt server host/ip>:9911/index.jsp
Anybody, who clicked this link, will be logged in to your AppMon Server, and will be able to perform any actions the user account has permissions for. Therefore, it is recommended to create a special user account for public sharing purposes, with low level of permissions.
Other sharing features
Use tile image download feature to create a distributable PNG image file of chart tiles to include in a presentation, post on a wiki page, or send in an email.
To download a tile image, click the context menu of a full-view tile, and then select the image quality you want to download.