The Transaction Flow graphically represents the tiers of a monitored application in the current time scope for the selected System Profile. You can view it in two ways: as a topology view, or as a bar chart. Both views display:
- Throughput between nodes
- Topology: Connections represent calls between nodes. The thickness of the lines between nodes increases with the number of calls. Blue bars adjacent to the nodes represent incoming calls.
- Bar chart: Blue bars represent incoming calls. Grouped nodes are shown as one node, with overall number of calls in the group. You cannot ungroup or re-sort them.
- Response time.
- Topology: Purple bars adjacent to the nodes represent node's contribution to the average response time.
- Bar chart: Purple bars represent node's contribution to the average response time. Grouped nodes are shown as one node, with overall contribution of the group. You cannot ungroup or re-sort them.
- Topology: Connections represent PurePaths between nodes. The thickness of the lines between nodes increases with the number of PurePaths. The bar adjacent to the nodes represents the overall amount of PurePaths; purple bars are incoming PurePaths and dark purple are unique PurePaths.
- Bar chart: Bars adjacent to the nodes represent the overall amount of PurePaths; purple bars are incoming PurePaths and dark purple are unique PurePaths. Grouped nodes are shown as one node, with overall number of PurePaths of the group. You cannot ungroup or re-sort them.
You can filter the nodes by one or several criteria, listed in the left pane. Affected nodes are highlighted in red in topology and bar chart views.
Hover the cursor over a node to highlight its incoming and outgoing connections. Incoming connections are highlighted in blue, and outgoing connections are highlighted in orange. If you activate the Failed links under the Ellipsis button, connections with failed links highlighted in red.
Click a node to view details about related response time, transactions, and infrastructure. From here you can drill down into visits or PurePaths. In details view of a node group, click Expand to view separate nodes.
Edit topology layout
You can customize the topology view to make it more comfortable for you to read. You can change node names, move nodes, group them, or ungroup auto-group nodes. One group can contain up to 25 nodes.
To customize view, click Edit layout, and drag the nodes as you like. When finished, click Done.
To group nodes, simply drag one above the other. Some nodes are grouped automatically, such as tiles of one server, third party nodes, or nodes of one technology. You can still ungroup them manually: in the group details view, click the Ellipsis button for the required node and select Ungroup.
You can automatically align all nodes to a grid. To do so, click the Ellipsis button, and select Align nodes.
To restore the original layout, click the Ellipsis button, and select Reset all.
Transaction flow print
You can print both topology and the bar chart views. Unlike the standard browser print option, which prints only currently visible part of the view, the Print option under the Ellipsis button always prints the whole view. The view is a vector graphic and can be unlimitedly scaled. The print also contains information about metric (throughput, response time, transactions), selected System Profile and Application, and the current timeframe. In addition, the print has QR-code with the link to the printed view.