The Session Browser dashlet displays information about stored sessions available in its data source.
A stored session can be a PurePath session, a memory dump, a thread dump, or a sampling that is stored on an AppMon Server, or offline on the client. See Usage of Sessions for more information.
A stored session has the following attributes:
- Name: Name of the stored session.
- Description: Optional description of the stored session.
- Type: Possible values are
Total Memory (Simple),
Total Memory (Extended),
Selective Memory Dump,
- System Profile: System Profile from which the stored session was created.
- Size: Size of the stored session in Bytes, KB, MB or GB.
- Lock: Switch to on to protect the stored session from the automatic deletion procedure.
- Directory: Directory in which the session is stored.
- State: Possible values are
- Capturing Start: Start date and time of the stored session capture.
- Duration: Stored session capture duration.
- Version: File format version in which the session is stored.
- Labels: Labels that are assigned to the stored session. Use label assignments to group multiple stored sessions.
- Recording Type: Possible values are
Use the options at the top right dashlet corner to change the structure of the displayed stored sessions.
- Flat: Displays a simple list of all stored sessions and doesn't group them.
- Group by Type: Groups the stored session by type such as
Thread Dumps, and
- Group by System Profile: Groups the stored sessions by the System Profile from which they are created.
- Group by State: Groups the stored sessions by their state. Possible groups are
- Group by Capturing Start: Groups the stored sessions by the capture start date.
- Group by Label: Groups all stored sessions by label. If a stored session has multiple labels, it can be a member of multiple groups.
Context menu options
- Open: Opens the selected stored sessions in separate dashboards.
- Make Available Offline: Downloads a stored session from the AppMon Server to an AppMon Client. See Usage of Sessions for more information.
- Convert to latest version: Converts the selected session files to match the server version. The menu item is only available for sessions with an old version.
- Export: Opens the Export Session dialog box and exports the stored session to a user-defined session file.
- Import: Opens the Import Session dialog box in order to import a stored session from a user-defined session file.
- Lock: Toggles the deletion lock to enable protection against automatic deletion procedure.
- Unlock: Disables the deletion lock, so the session could be automatically deleted.
- Edit: Opens a dialog box to modify stored session properties like name, description, deletion lock, or the assigned Labels.
- Drill Down: Opens a view associated with a selected stored session.
- Copy: Copies the attributes of the selected stored sessions to the clipboard.
- Delete: Deletes the selected stored sessions from the dashlet's data source.
- Details: Shows the selected stored session attributes.