The Sequence Diagram dashlet shows a sequence diagram representation of a PurePath — a visualization of the Agents and APIs used.
If you open the dashlet from the Cockpits, the resulting dashlet shows the last PurePath that came in. You then can navigate through the PurePaths by clicking the arrow icons in the toolbar in the top right corner. To display the sequence diagram for a specific PurePath, right-click the row in the PurePaths dashlet and select Drill Down > Sequence Diagram.
If the content of the sequence diagram is larger than the visible area of the screen, the Overview button appears in the lower right corner, at the intersection of the scrollbars. Click the button to open the overview popup window, then drag the cursor in the overview to update the visible area of the diagram to the match the cursor location in the overview. The shift and control keys can be used to slow down dragging for finer navigation in very large diagrams.
You can also resize the diagram by using the zoom out and zoom in buttons in the toolbar.
When you select a call or return visualization object, you can use the right and left arrow keys to navigate through the call order. To show the details of a call, hover over the object or right-click and select Details.
The toolbar is visible when the mouse pointer is inside the diagram.
- Previous PurePath: Show the sequence diagram for the previous PurePath.
- Next PurePath: Show the sequence diagram for the next PurePath.
The arrows are only enabled when you opened the Sequence Diagram dashlet from the Cockpits. If you drilled down from the PurePaths dashlet, you are restricted to the one path node in the dashlet.
- Reset Zoom: Reset a zoomed sequence diagram to its default size.
- Zoom In: Zoom in the sequence diagram.
- Zoom Out: Zoom out the sequence diagram.
- Export Sequence Diagram: Export the sequence diagram in PNG or JPEG format.
- Detail level menu:
- Classes: Show the sequence diagram containing all calls.
- APIs: Show the sequence diagram containing only calls that cross an API or Agent boundary.
- Agents: Show the sequence diagram containing only calls that cross an Agent boundary.
For the optimum overview for large PurePaths with details still recognizable, use a combination of zoom and Export Complete Sequence Diagram to control the sequence diagram size and exported image size.
Use the toolbar buttons to select the detail level:
Classes detail level
In the Classes Detail Level, the Sequence Diagram dashlet shows all method calls contained in the PurePath.
APIs detail level
In the APIs Detail Level, the dashlet shows only method calls that cross the border to another API or Agent.
Agents detail level
In the Agents Detail Level, the dashlet shows only method calls that cross the border to another AppMon Agent.