The Mobile Workload dashlet displays the calculated CPU seconds for mainframe transactions executed through mobile devices. Mobile Workload Pricing (MWP) for z/OS can reduce the cost of growth for mobile transactions processed by programs such as CICS®, IMS™, and DB2® for z/OS. Specifically, the Mobile Workload dashlet tracks CPU seconds and other mobile transactions per program for each LPAR on an hourly basis. This data is then used as input along with SMF data to the Mobile Workload Reporting Tool (MWRT). See the IBM Mobile Workload Reporting Tool User Guide for specific information regarding applicable mainframe products and the required process.
Provide data for the dashlet
You must do the following to produce a functioning model and provide data to display in the dashlet.
- Use the Android or iOS Mobile App ADK to capture transactions within mobile apps. See Mobile UEM for more information.
- Configure the applicable z/OS Agents. See z/OS Agent for more information.
- Create a System Profile that ties the monitored transactions initiated on a mobile device to the mainframe backend. See System Profile.
The following image shows the Mobile Workload dashlet with collected data containing date in ISO-8601 format and CPU seconds per product, per LPAR in 1 hour increments.
Send data in a report
You can produce a comma-separated value (CSV) file showing mobile CPU consumption. To do so:
- Right-click the Mobile Workload tab and select Report. The Report Creation dialog box appears.
- Click CSV under File Type.
- Select CSV MWRT as the format, comma as the delimiter, and click Generate.