The Incidents dashlet displays the incidents defined in a System Profile and violations thereof. See Incidents and Alerting > Configuring Incident Rules for more information on incident rules.
Notification based on incident rules is more flexible than plain threshold notification, because it defines complex conditions that must be met to generate a notification. AppMon generates notifications if two or more measure values exceed their thresholds simultaneously.
Incident notifications are useful starting points for analysis. For more incident details and to see the conditions that causes the incident to be thrown, select Details from the context menu of an incident.
- Start Time
- Duration [s]: Duration in seconds from the first significant threshold violation until no longer violations happen.
- End Time
- Incident Rule: Rule that triggered the incident.
- Message: Describes the type of the incident.
- Source: Represents the category of the raised incident, foe example License for AppMon license based events and Threshold for defined threshold violations.
You can filter incidents by Severity, State, and also by either Rule, or Assignee, or Pattern. To do so:
- Open the Dashlet properties dialog box, and go to the Source tab.
- In the Filter pane, click Edit.
- In the Dashlet filters dialog box, go to the Inscidents tab.
- Select the Enable Dashlet specific filter check box.
- In the Severity pane, select the required severities.
- In the State pane, select the required states.
- To filter incidents by rule/assignee/pattern, select the criterion from the list, and then select the required entities.
- Save and apply your changes.
To configure incidents, you need the Manage Incidents permission assigned to the System Profile role.