The Exceptions dashlet uses a novel approach to diagnose exceptions. In Java, exceptions provide error-handling capabilities for applications. AppMon makes use of dynamic bytecode instrumentation to capture throwable classes, messages, and stack traces of java classes that extend
- Exception Class: Full qualified class name of the instantiated exception.
- Message: Message of the instantiated exception. This is only available if the grouping is set to Throwable Class/Message.
- Agent: Name of the Agent that recorded the instantiation of the exception.
- Count: Number of times an instance of this throwable, with this message, is instantiated, if grouping is set to Throwable Class/Message. If the grouping is set to Throwable Class, it is the number of times this throwable class is instantiated, regardless of the message text.
- Throwing Class: Full qualified name of the throwable class that is used initialize the new instantiated throwable class.
- Throwing Method: Signature of the method that instantiates the throwable.
Click the Analysis tab on the Properties dialog box to select one of the following aggregations:
- Exception Class: Exception Records are listed in the Diagnostics view and grouped by their throwable classes. They ignore message contents.
- Exception Class/Message: Default setting for the Exception view. Exception records are listed in the Diagnostics view and grouped by their throwable classes and messages. Exceptions with the same throwable class, but with varying message contents, are shown as individual exception records.
Select the Details item of the context menu of an exception to view the Detials pop-up window. The Exceptions Stack Trace sections displays a list of the methods executed in sequence that leads to the exception.
Context menu options
- Create Measures: Opens the Measure Configuration dialog box to add measures to a subscription. This option is only available during real-time sessions.
- New Business Transaction: Opens the Business Transaction dialog box to create a new business transaction based on the Measures. This option is only available during real-time sessions.