Client errors overview table
At the top of the Client Errors dashlet is an overview of the different error types. Additionally, a count indicates the number of errors that occurred within the specified time frame. The error types are:
- Browser Errors
- Mobile Errors
- Mobile Exceptions: Exceptions from mobile applications.
- Mobile Error Codes: Error codes from mobile apps.
- Mobile Crashes: Mobile crashes can contain a crash report, indicating the cause of the crash.
Selecting one or more error types from the overview table changes the details table's content.
Client Errors Detail table
Analyze client errors by different aspects. The dashlet provides different structure modes and filters in the toolbar of the dashlet. The following aggregation options are available:
- Error: Aggregates errors according to the error message given by the browser or mobile application.
- Client Type, Client Family: Groups all errors by client family and version or device information, and client type such as desktop browser, mobile browser, and mobile app. For example, IE Mobile - IE Mobile 9.0, or Apple - iPod touch 4G. Another example is an error that occurred using Mozilla Firefox 6 is grouped under Desktop Browser - Firefox - Firefox 6.0.
- Application: Groups errors by application.
- Visit: All errors are grouped according to their visit within which it occurred.
Custom filtering and splitting
Click Custom Query on the toolbar for custom splitting and filtering . Filtered expressions support a Java-like syntax. Splitting expressions consist of a comma separated list of properties. Press <CTRL>-<SPACE> for a list of available filter and splitting values. You can store favorite filters and splittings for future use.
Expressions support a Java-like syntax. The following tables describe constants and operators recognized within expressions:
|||, |, or, OR||logic or|
|&&, &, and, AND||logic and|
|!=, <>||not equals|
|<, >, <=, >=||relational operators for smaller, greater, smaller than or equals to, and greater than or equals to|
|=~, ~=||matches a regular expression (right hand side is a regular expression)|
|!=~, !~=, <>~||does not match (right hand side is a regular expression|
|like, LIKE||SQL style string match function using '%' as joker character|
FamilyFamily="Firefox" and Severity >= 1: Filters client errors for Firefox browsers that have a severity greater than 1.
Path like "%community%": Only show client errors whose path contains the phrase community.
ClientType, Visit: Groups client errors by their client type and visit.
You can save splitting/filter queries for future use. Favorites are managed separately for splittings and filters. Click the icon and select Add current to add the current query, or click Manage favorites to see all stored queries, and change them if needed.
To load crash reports, you need the Analyze Client Error Details permission assigned to the System Profile role.