AppMon provides the ability to choose between 2 different agent platforms. The Classic Agent, which is the default agent platform and the new AppMon Agent.
Upgrade benefits from Classic Agent
- End-to-end encryption using https
- Code-instrumentation on the Agent
- Faster agent startup time
- Less collectors required
- Almost zero pressure on collectors
- Easy traffic tunneling using https based protocol
- Better Configuration Management
- No webserver master agent required
- Support for new platforms, technology & features which are not available with the Classic Agents.
Compare agent availability with Classic Agent
|Agent||Classic Agent Availability Status||AppMon Agent Availability Status||Windows||Linux x64||Linux PPC LE||Linux PPC BE||Linux Musl||AIX PPC||Solaris x86/x64||Solaris SPARC||z/Linux s390|
|Classic Agent/AppMon Agent|
|not available in current or future releases|
|not available now, available in future releases|
GA - Generally Available
- Keep in mind that the Features/Sensors known from Classic Agent can (must not though) behave different.
- Agent is ready for testing in production (stable).
- Some Features/Sensors of the agent are still in development. Please check upfront if the available featureset fits your needs.
- Technical support provides limited support for the BETA agents.