Use the Services tab in Dynatrace Server Settings to configure various service communication settings. To access it click Settings > Dynatrace Server > Services.
Configure ports that the AppMon Server listens on for Clients and Collectors, optional bind addresses, if SSL or non-SSL or HTTP tunneling (see Configure Proxies) is allowed.
The AppMon Server comes with a Server-embedded Collector used only for test purposes. Your license type enforces Server-embedded Collector use. Select the Allow Agent Connections to dynaTrace Server check box to use the Server-embedded Collector. This requires an AppMon Server restart.
Use an AppMon standalone Collector service / daemon for normal load.
See Set up Communication Connections for information on service configuration.
The Management tab contains the following configuration options for built-in web server and JMX services.
- Enable Web Server: Enable or disable the built-in web server.
- HTTPS Listen Port: Specifies the HTTPS port on which the web server listens.
- HTTPS Bind Address: Binds the HTTPS service to a specific address in case of multiple network interfaces.
- Enable HTTP: Allow or disallow HTTP services.
- Accept authentication data only via HTTPS: Doesn't accept authentication data if sent by HTTP. Forwards user to HTTPS pages or rejects REST requests with authentication data sent over HTTP.
- HTTP Listen Port: Specifies the HTTP port to which the web server listens.
- HTTP Bind Address: Binds the HTTP service to a specific address for multiple network interfaces.
- External host name: Configures the server hostname so it can be addressed from external networks.
- Enable Web Services (REST): Enables or disables the server's REST web services.
- Enable Server Side Reporting: Enables or disables the server's REST reporting services. See Dashboards and reporting (REST) for more information.
- JMX Monitoring: Enables or disables JMX Monitoring.
- JMX Management: Enables or disables JMX Management.
Use the Webstart tab to enable or disable the Webstart support for this AppMon Server by selecting the Enable Webstart check box. You can switch the connection type to HTTP tunnel. You can also configure a proxy for the Webstart Client. Configure a proxy for the standalone Client in the Settings pane of the Dynatrace Client Preferences dialog box.
Dynatrace Web tab
This tab includes the following options to control AppMon Web:
- Enable Dynatrace Web: Enable or disable use of the AppMon Web and the ability to drill-down from the Web UI to the AppMon Client for detailed data analysis.
- HTTPS listen port: Specifies the secure connection port to which** AppMon Web ** listens. This is set to 9911 by default.
- Allow non-ssl connections: Select this check box to enable unsecured Web UI connections.
- HTTP listen port: If selecting the Allow non-ssl connections check box, specify the communication port for unsecured connections. This is set to 9910 by default.
- Allow custom HTML: If embedding custom content in a Web dashboard, select this check box to allow unsecured custom HTML code to create the custom content.
See Set up SSL Communication for more information about secured and unsecured connections.
See Email to learn how to configure an administrative email address and mail server connectivity.
Dynatrace Memory Analysis Server tab
See Set up a Memory Analysis Server to learn how to configure connection to and from the AppMon Memory Analysis Server.
Symbolication service tab
Use this tab to enable symbolication (for iOS) or de-obfuscation (Android) of mobile application crash reports or handled exceptions. Enabling this feature lets you view stack trace data in plain text. See Mobile Symbolication Service to learn how.