The Alerts tab lists the default and custom alerts created to send notifications when alerts occur. After configuring thresholds for the hostsgroups or particular host, create alerts to define whom to notify when the thresholds are exceeded and how to act on violations.
An alert can trigger for a particular host, or for a group of hosts, defined by hostgroup, laber, or site. You can filter hosts in group by selecting a particular System Profile.
Specify the alert properties in the Add Alert or Edit Alert dialog box.
- Name: Alert name must be unique.
- For: Defines the entity for which alert triggers. You can select one of the following categories:
- Host. The alert triggers for a particular host.
- Hostgroup. The alert triggers for all hosts from a hostgroup.
- Label. The alert triggers for all hosts, wearing a label.
- Site. The alert triggers for all hosts, which belong to a site.
- Execute action if first host changes one of the following health states: Every time one threshold of any affected host is exceeded, the actions are executed. Select the threshold groups which should trigger:
- Host / Process Availablity
- Filter hosts by system profile: Only hosts, belonging for a selected System Profile, triggers an incident.
- Execute actions for every health state change: Triggers incident for every threshold violation.
- Action: Defines the actions for this alert. See Incidents and Alerting for more information about actions.