The AppMon Server backend and frontend processes are administered using the Webstart Client or the standalone Client, installed with either the full package, or Client-only installer, or unzipped from the portable Client archive.
From either Client, you can access the AppMon Server Settings dialog box if you have an administrator role assigned to your user account. For more information about roles, see User Permissions and Authentication.
Access the AppMon Server settings dialog box
In the Client, select Settings > AppMon Server. Alternatively, in the Cockpit sidebar, right-click System Profiles, and select Manage Server.
Add or remove a Server
To add a new Server configuration, select Add Dynatrace Server in the lower left corner of the AppMon Server Settings dialog box.
To remove a Server connection, press the button of the Server entry you want to delete.
The Dynatrace Server Settings dialog box contains the following configuration panes:
- Connectivity: Client/Server connection settings, such as user name and password.
- License: View and import licenses.
- Settings: View Server information and configure Server memory settings.
- Services: General service configuration, such as Collector connection ports, REST or web service ports, and email server configuration.
- Collectors: Collector overview and management.
- Performance Warehouse: Performance Warehouse configuration.
- Sensor Packs: View and import, rename, and reorder and prioritize Sensor Packs.
- Users: User management for users, user groups, roles, and LDAP configuration.
- Plugins: Plugin management for import, configuration, and development instructions.
- Updates: Update management for installation, activation, deactivation, and removal instructions.
- Storage: Server storage directory configuration and session storage quota definition.
- Infrastructure: Infrastructure management for sites, hostgroups, and hosts.
- Databases: Manage and configure the database agents to monitor your database instances.
- Geographical Locations: Map IP address ranges to locations for User Experience Management.
- MQ Tagging — WebSphere MQ queue manager configuration.
- Synthetic Monitoring Integration: Configure and schedule synthetic tests for AppMon-instrumented web applications.
- Business Transactions Feed: Send Business Transaction data in real time to external systems for further storage and analysis.