The Class Browser provides a convenient way to define Class, Method and Memory rules. A tree view shows the package/namespace structure of the classes loaded by the SUDs of a certain Agent Group. If more than one AppMon Collector is connected to the AppMon Server, the Class Browser tries to use class data delivered from the one AppMon Collector that appears to have the most recent data.
This behavior is sufficient in most cases but there may be situations where the wrong AppMon Collector is used for the user's purposes. In such cases, you can request all data from all connected AppMon Collectors. To do this, select the use classes of all connected agents option and refresh the view. The tree view supports the default searching and filtering mechanism. Click in the pane and press Ctrl+F.
When you enable the use classes of all connected agents option, a refresh may take several minutes as the data is requested from all connected AppMon Collectors.
To access Class Browser:
- Open the System Profile Preferences and click Sensor Packs.
- Select the required Java or .NET Sensor group and click Browse.
|By Packages||Group all classes hierarchically by package/namespace.|
|By Classes||Flat view: display a simple class list with interfaces sorted on top of the list.|
|By Interfaces||Group all classes by the implemented interfaces. Classes implementing no interfaces are sorted to the bottom of the list.|
|Class Hierarchy||Inheritance hierarchy with interfaces sorted on top of the list.|
To generate a rule:
- Open the Class Browser,
- Select the Agent group or a particular Agent to be used as a source.
- Select the grouping mode. See the description above.
- Find and select the required classes and/or methods. You can hit Ctrl+F and type in the required name to find it easily.
- Click OK to generate Sensor Rules. Depending on the selected tree node you will get:
|Selected Node||Generated Rule|
|Package/Namespace||Class rule (class pattern defines package/namespace)|
|Class||Class rule (class pattern defines single class)|
|Method||Method rule. Parent class rule is created automatically.|