Data Center - Real User Monitoring (DC RUM) provides real-time access to information about performance and usage of key business applications. Based on measurement data provided by network monitoring devices, it monitors application performance, with the purpose of detecting, identifying and solving problems. Analysis gives insight into business application performance on transaction and operation level.
In combination with the in-depth analysis capabilities of AppMon PurePath technology, you can quickly find the root cause of problems in its code-level context.
To combine DC RUM data with AppMon, configure a connection to your DC RUM appliances in the Integration section of the System Profile Preferences dialog box. Enabling integration correlates data collected by DC RUM to AppMon PurePaths.
Integrating DC RUM with AppMon 2017 May requires the following:
- DC RUM version 12.4.10 or later.
- Flash installed on the client's browser. Drilldowns from the DC RUM Central Analysis Server (CAS) require Flash.
Add a new DC RUM appliance
To add a new DC RUM appliance:
- Right-click your System Profile, and select Edit System Profile > Integration.
- Select the Import Data from DCRUM Agentless Monitoring Devices listed below check box.
- Click Add.
- In the DCRUM Appliance Configuration dialog box, provide the following:
- URL of the DC RUM appliance. Default ports are 9090 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS). This field is mandatory.
- Username and password for the DC RUM appliance. These fields are optional.
- Click Test connection to test the connection of the AppMon server to the DC RUM appliance,
- Click OK.
You must configure at least one DC RUM appliance to activate DC RUM integration for the System Profile you edit. The DC RUM appliance can then be configured for another System Profile.
Edit an existing DC RUM appliance
To edit an existing DC RUM appliance:
- Mark the appliance you want to edit in the table.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the URL, username, and password associated with the DC RUM appliance.
- Click OK.
Drill down from DC RUM to AppMon
If AppMon and DC RUM are configured to inter-operate, the front end of the CAS offers several drilldown links to AppMon.
Click a drilldown link and the AppMon Client starts and displays a pre-built dashboard.
You have configured DC RUM Integration but the drilldown from CAS to AppMon does not work. Use the following checklist to troubleshoot the problem.
Verify that Flash is installed in the client's browser
Flash is required for drilldown operation.
Check connection settings
Right-click your system profile, and select Edit System Profile > Integration, open your DC RUM Agentless Monitoring Device, and click Test Connection to check if AppMon Server can connect to the AMD.
Check DC RUM Record availability
- Create a new dashboard, and set its source to
- Add a new Chart dashlet.
- Click Add Series and add the DC-RUM Records measure. Press Ctrl+F and search for DC-RUM to find it faster.
- If the value in the chart is always 0, then AppMon isn't receiving data from DC RUM. In this case, check if DC RUM is configured correctly. Contact DC RUM support if necessary.
Check DC RUM Record correlation
To do this:
Check if the incoming DC RUM Records are attached correctly to AppMon PurePaths.
- Click here to open the DC-RUM Integration dashboard using the Client REST Interface and list all PurePaths with DC RUM Records.
- Perform the request on the same machine where the AppMon Client is running. Use this URL template:
Remember to replace <YOUR_SYSTEM_PROFILE> with the actual name of your System Profile
Make sure that the expected PurePaths are listed. Some hints:
- The filter
filter=dc:softwareservice?@startsin the URL template just matches all PurePaths with DC RUM Records, because every
softwareservicestring starts with an empty string.
- Additionally, you can set some other DC RUM filters. If you want to see only data of a certain timeframe, add a timeframe filter. See REST Filters for more information.
Check DC RUM Monitoring Interval
If all previous checks succeed and the DC RUM Integration dashboard is still empty, AppMon may not have data for the specified timeframe.
- Go to the CAS and check the analysis timeframe.
- In the AppMon Client, right click your System Profile and select Details. Check the Recording field of the Details dialog box, to make sure that the data for the corresponding timeframe is stored within AppMon. If not, select more recent timeframe in the CAS before you drill down.