Guideline for customers who wants to move their Dynatrace AppMon & UEM managed server from the cloud to on-premises.
What are the requirements for a migration from cloud to on-premises?
- AppMon Server installed On-Premises must use the same version of the AppMon Server in the Cloud, or a newer version.
- Customer Team is responsible for the import/migration; AppMon SaaS team only provide the data exported from the Cloud.
- Customer Team is responsible for adequate sizing of the AppMon Server. Please see the Deployment Guide for that sizing purposes.
- This option is only available for customers; not for POC instances.
What data can be exported from the cloud instance?
- Performance Warehouse Database
- A dump of the database will be exported (based on Oracle SE 22.214.171.124.v3 )
- The import of the dump is the responsibility of the customer's DBA team
- Session Storage
- Not provided by the AppMon SaaS team
- If needed, the customer can export and re-import sessions using the AppMon Client, see product documentation: Importing and Exporting Sessions
Here is how the process will work:
- Customer installs AppMon Server OnPrem.
- Customer opens a support ticket requesting the export of data from the Cloud (please let us know if the configuration and the database dump are needed).
- As the export of the data will need to be planed on AppMon SaaS team, the support team will confirm the data export with the customer.
- During this time, a maintenance window of 4 hours will need to be provided (typical downtime around 30 min).
- Customer runs dt migration tool with migration archive.
- Customer imports the database dump & connects the database from the DT client.
- Customer deploys the new license and adapt the configuration as needed.
When will the SaaS instance be stopped and data deleted?
- The instance will be stopped once the license expires or as soon as requested from the customer.
- Four weeks after the instance has been stopped, all the data will be deleted from the Cloud.