Guideline for customers who wants to move their Dynatrace AppMon & UEM managed server from the cloud to on-premises.
What are the requirements for a migration from cloud to on-premises?
- AppMon Server installed On-Premises must use the same version of the AppMon Server in the Cloud, or a newer version.
- Customer Team is responsible for the import/migration; AppMon SaaS team only provide the data exported from the Cloud.
- Customer Team is responsible for adequate sizing of the AppMon Server. Please see the Deployment Guide for that sizing purposes.
- This option is only available for customers; not for POC instances.
What data can be exported from the cloud instance?
- Using the dynatrace-migration tool, we will generate a migration archive (".dtma" file)
- Migration archive will be uploaded to a ftp server which is provided by the customer.
- See AppMon product documentation to learn more about the migration tool:
Performance Warehouse Database
- The Performance Warehouse Database can be migrated as describe here
The migration can take several days depending on the size of the Performance Warehouse
- Not provided by the AppMon SaaS team
- If needed, the customer can export and re-import sessions using the AppMon Client (see product documentation: Importing and Exporting Sessions). This is not meant to be used to transfer all session storage data from a cloud instance to an on-premises instance.
Here is how the process will work:
- Customer installs AppMon Server OnPrem with new license.
- Customer opens a support ticket requesting the migration of the data from the Cloud
- AppMon SaaS Team creates migration archive and uploads it to ftp server which is provided by customer.
- Customer runs dt migration tool with the provided migration archive.
- Switch collectors to new AppMon Server OnPrem.
- AppMon SaaS Team enables access to AppMon SaaS PWH with a specific user
- Customer starts PWH migration (see)
When will the SaaS instance be stopped and data deleted?
- AppMon SaaS Instance will be stopped after collectors have been switch to AppMon Server OnPrem.
- After PWH migration has been finished, AppMon SaaS Instance and all the data will be deleted from the Cloud.