Guideline for customers who wants to move their Dynatrace AppMon & UEM managed server from the cloud to on-premises.
What are the requirements for a migration from cloud to on-premises?
- AppMon Server installed On-Premises must use the same version of the AppMon Server in the Cloud, or a newer version.
- Customer Team is responsible for the import/migration; AppMon SaaS team only provide the data exported from the Cloud.
- Customer Team is responsible for adequate sizing of the AppMon Server. Please see the Deployment Guide for that sizing purposes.
- This option is only available for customers; not for POC instances.
What data can be exported from the cloud instance?
- Performance Warehouse Database
- The Performance Warehouse Database can be migrated using the AppMon migration tool
- Session Storage
- Not provided by the AppMon SaaS team
- If needed, the customer can export and re-import sessions using the AppMon Client (see product documentation: Importing and Exporting Sessions). This is not meant to be used to transfer all session storage data from a cloud instance to an on-premises instance.
Here is how the process will work:
- Customer installs AppMon Server OnPrem.
- Customer opens a support ticket requesting the migration of the data from the Cloud
- Customer runs dt migration tool with migration archive.
- Support starts PWH migration using AppMon migration tool
- Customer deploys the new license and adapt the configuration as needed.
When will the SaaS instance be stopped and data deleted?
- The instance will be stopped once the license expires or as soon as requested from the customer.
- Four weeks after the instance has been stopped, all the data will be deleted from the Cloud.