About Fitness & Lifestyle Group
- Asia-Pacific’s leading health and wellness group headquartered in Australia
- Over 470 locations across Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia, with over 725,000 members
- Portfolio of brands includes Fitness First Australia, Goodlife Health Clubs Australia, Barry's Bootcamp Asia-Pacific, Jetts Fitness and Zap Fitness
- A global leader in on-demand digital health and fitness programs via its Loup business
IndustryHealth & Fitness
Immediate discovery of over 200 existing issues
Problem resolution reduced from days to minutes
Problems identified before users are impacted
Cloud applications and workloads optimized
Understanding the root cause and speeding up diagnosis
Committed to delivering a compelling digital experience for all members, Fitness & Lifestyle Group needed to consolidate its existing monitoring solutions across physical sites, websites, eCommerce platforms, mobile apps and online program subscribers. Before adopting Dynatrace, different IT teams’ time would be heavily spent diagnosing problems. Fitness & Lifestyle group struggled to pinpoint the root cause of problems and determine if it was a system issue or a development issue.
Live in two days, ROI achieved within two weeks
Fitness & Lifestyle Group were already using Datadog and testing the likes of New Relic and Splunk, but none could provide a complete view of the cloud environment, nor real-time visibility of user experience like Dynatrace. Leveraging Dynatrace’s OneAgent technology, Fitness & Lifestyle Group was able to map the entire cloud environment in minutes have automated monitoring running within two days. This speedy setup ensured Fitness & Lifestyle Group achieved a full return on investment within just two weeks of going live with Dynatrace.
“Dynatrace worked out of the box. It’s tightly integrated with AWS, and it was almost a one-click process to enable insights across our AWS fleet. The entire rollout process took place within two days,” says Mr Adam Skinner, CTO, Fitness & Lifestyle Group.
"Using Dynatrace, we have seen a massive reduction in problem diagnostic time, from days down to minutes. We’re no longer manually trawling through logs trying to diagnose the issue – Dynatrace proactively identifies the root cause for us. This enables our team to focus on building innovative solutions to improve customer experience."
Life with Dynatrace
- Rapid issue detection – Dynatrace immediately discovered over 200 existing issues that weren’t detected by previous monitoring tools, 50 of which were critical. Fitness & Lifestyle Group’s IT team cut this down to just one within 48 hours.
- Diagnostic time reduced to minutes – Using Dynatrace, mean-time-to-resolution was reduced from days to just minutes. Fitness & Lifestyle Group’s IT teams are now freed from monitoring and troubleshooting, leaving them free to focus on innovation.
- Spotting problems before they happen – Dynatrace automatically baselines performance metrics and identifies the root cause of performance degradation, allowing Fitness & Lifestyle’s IT team to resolve problems before they impact real users.
- Optimising cloud applications – Dynatrace provided Fitness & Lifestyle Group with important insights into further optimization of cloud applications around SQL and cloud workloads, achieving a 60% optimisation of workloads and a 30% reduction in AWS costs.
“Using Dynatrace, we have seen a massive reduction in problem diagnostic time, from days down to minutes. We’re no longer manually trawling through logs trying to diagnose the issue – Dynatrace proactively identifies the root cause for us. This enables our team to focus on building innovative solutions to improve customer experience,” he enthuses.