VictorOps is the real-time incident management platform that allows DevOps teams to manage their on-duty schedules and deliver problem notifications. VictorOps provides teams with a virtual environment where they can prepare for, react to, and recover from each incident regardless of location or device. Dynatrace provides detailed problem and root-cause analysis for performance issues within your application and service infrastructure.
By introducing VictorOps integration, Dynatrace gives you the opportunity to notify co-workers about customer-facing performance problems using reliable VictorOps notification channels while taking advantage of the VictorOps’ feature-rich team- and schedule-management system.
To set up VictorOps integration:
- Go to Settings > Integration > Problem notification.
- Click Set up notifications.
- Select the VictorOps option button and click Next
- Log into your VictorOps account.
- Go to Settings > Integrations > REST endpoint and copy your VictorOps Service API key.
- Provide a Name for your VictorOps/Dynatrace integration.
- Paste your VictorOps service API key into the API key field on the Set up VictorOps integration page.
- Type in your VictorOps Routing key (if required).
- Type any specific textual content that you want to appear in your VictorOps incident descriptions into the Message field.
See Available placeholders in the image below for full options.
- Following successful integration, VictorOps Integration is listed along with any other active integrations you’ve set up.
You’ll immediately begin seeing Dynatrace-problem notifications within your VictorOps incidents feed.