- End-to-end tracing for IBM MQ is now beta
- Tracing database calls using MongoDB .NET driver is now GA
- End-to-end tracing support for RabbitMQ using the .NET RabbitMQ client library is now GA
IBM Integration Bus
- Dynatrace now provides an end-to-end perspective of all message flows that are triggered through a web request, web service, or an IBM MQ message—all simply by deploying OneAgent on your IIB nodes. For details, see Out-of-the-box visibility into your IBM Integration Bus (Beta)
IBM z/OS: IBM CICS and IMS
We’re building bridges between generations with end-to-end visibility from the cloud to the IBM mainframe. With this release, we introduce a number of code modules that provide out-of-the-box code-level insights into each mainframe transaction. For the full story, see End-to-end transactions down to the IBM mainframe (EAP).
- The IBM CICS code module is now GA and provides insight into the CICS Transaction Server on z/OS.
- To allow end-to-end visibility, support for the CICS Transaction Gateway is required. This module is also now GA.
- Connect your IMS applications to web services.
- The IBM IMS TM Resource adapter is another important bridging technology, which is mainly used by Java applications or web services to access IMS transactions that run on host IMS systems.
- IBM CICS & IMS SDK
Our CICS and IMS code modules come with an SDK, which enables seamless integration of customized technologies (for example, CICS sockets).
- IBM MQ end to end tracing for CICS and IMS is now available as well.
- OneAgent now supports two modes of Docker container injection.
- Improved discovery of cloned VMs in scenarios where hypervisor hot plugs network adapters.
- KVM virtual machines are now discoverable on PPCLE.
- OS module support for IIB11 (IBM App Connect).
- Custom monitoring of blacklisted processes is now available.
- We continue to improve the OneAgent installation and update process with the goal of making it as straight forward and automatic as possible across all supported operating systems.
OneAgent support changes
Dynatrace OneAgent support of the following platforms and components will be discontinued within the next 6 months
- Oracle Hotspot JVM v10 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in September 2018. Please consult the Oracle support matrix for further details.
OneAgent version 1.169 will be the last version that supports Oracle Hotspot JVM v10.
- OpenJDK v10 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in September 2018. Redhat the primary supporter of OpenJDK has never officially supported OpenJDK v10.
OneAgent version 1.169 will be the last version that supports OpenJDK v10.
- Oracle Hotspot JVM v9 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in March 2018. Please consult the Oracle support matrix for further details.
OneAgent version 1.163 will be the last version that supports Oracle Hotspot JVM v9.
- OpenJDK v9 (non‑LTS). Oracle discontinued Premium Support in March 2018. Redhat the primary supporter of OpenJDK has never officially supported OpenJDK v9.
OneAgent version 1.163 will be the last version that supports OpenJDK v9.
- PCF version v2.1.x (Pivotal discontinued support for this version at the end of December 2018. Please consult Pivotal’s support matrix for further details.)
OneAgent version 1.163 will be the last version that supports PCF version 2.1.x.
- PHP 5.6 support will have end-of-life in April 2019.
Cloud platform support
- We’ve added Amazon EMR to the scope of the Early Access Program for the monitoring of additional AWS services. For details, see Additional AWS service metrics now monitored by Dynatrace.
- Dynatrace OneAgent now detects Cloud Foundry Auctioneer metrics. This enables you to understand how well (or poorly) Auctioneers are handling the distribution of applications and tasks to Diego cells. Auctioneer metrics are available on the Cloud Foundry overview page and for custom charting. For details, see Five reasons why you should monitor your Cloud Foundry Auctioneers.
- To address scalability requirements of large Cloud Foundry environments, we’ve improved the presentation of Gorouter metrics on the Cloud Foundry overview page. You’ll be able to understand relevant Gorouter metrics as well as problematic Gorouter processes at a glance. Note that Gorouter metrics are also available on Gorouter process group instance pages. Furthermore, you can leverage Gorouter metrics for custom charting.
- We’ve published a new Dynatrace OneAgent BOSH release that provides an option to verify the OneAgent download, the BOSH release now also adds custom metadata on the host level that includes the version of the BOSH release that’s used to deploy the OneAgent. We’ve also refactored the Windows job so that now when you drain the Linux OneAgent job, logs and configs stay in place. You can access the Bosh-OneAgent 1.2.0 release.
- We’ve significantly extended our support for monitoring Kubernetes and OpenShift environments and introduced dedicated built-in Kubernetes and OpenShift cluster monitoring pages.
- We’ve extended full-stack visibility into containers by native CRI-O container runtime support for Kubernetes and OpenShift environments.
- Dynatrace now detects Kubernetes node labels and reports them as host properties. You can leverage the Kubernetes node labels in all tagging, renaming, detection rules, and Management zones.
- Support for Google Container Optimized OS based GKE clusters is in Beta now
- New OneAgent Operator v0.3.0 release that enables PodSecurityPolicy, PodPriority, control of OneAgent auto-update and roll-out to master nodes if possible. Note that OneAgent Operator v0.3.0 works for Kubernetes v1.11+.
- Dynatrace fully supports vanilla Kubernetes 1.13 clusters with underlying Docker and CRI-O container runtime.
- Monitoring Kubernetes cluster utilization is available. For details refer Connect your Kubernetes clusters to Dynatrace in Dynatrace Help.
- Discontinuation of the Beta program for automatic deep monitoring of Varnish Cache with future version v1.169. For more details on how to prepare and further monitor Varnish Cache, see the How should I configure my caching server?
For important bug fixes and other changes, as well as previous release notes, see the release changelog.