ServiceNow is one of the most extensive enterprise service management platforms available at the moment. The new Dynatrace-to-ServiceNow integration is the perfect way to seamlessly report IT-service related problems into your organization’s ITIL process.
ServiceNow provides enterprise service management software for efficiently managing the full spectrum of enterprise-related affairs, including legal, HR, finance, facilities management, marketing, and field operations.
ServiceNow supports the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), an integrated, process-based, best practice framework for managing IT services businesses.
Dynatrace intelligently detects problems, along with their root causes, in complex IT service landscapes. The new Dynatrace-to-ServiceNow integration enables Dynatrace monitored environments to push problem notifications directly into a ServiceNow incident table.
To set up a Dynatrace-to-ServiceNow problem-notification integration:
- Go to Settings > Integration > Problem notifications.
- Select ServiceNow.
- On the Set up ServiceNow integration page type a Display name for the integration.
- Type in your ServiceNow instance identifier (for example,
- Type in your ServiceNow Username and Password.
- Define your notification-message in the Description field. Select from the Available placeholders to customize your notification message.
- Click Send test notification.
- Following receipt of the test message, click Save.
You’ll now find all Dynatrace-detected problems included in your ServiceNow incident table.