Slack team communication is all the rage these days. Slack offers hassle-free team collaboration that just feels right, which is likely the reason that this platform has attracted such a large following.
We at Dynatrace have been working hard to offer you a Slack problem-notification integration that allows us to update Slack channels with Dynatrace problem details so that your teams are always aware of potential risks within your applications, services, and infrastructure. A Slack channel with Dynatrace integration gives your teams the ability to discuss incidents, evaluate solutions, and link to similar problems while remaining up to date regarding problem states and severity.
To set up your own Dynatrace-to-Slack integration:
- Within Dynatrace, go to Settings > Integration.
- Click Set up notifications.
- Select the Slack option button.
- Click Next.
- Now go to your Slack account and configure a new Incoming WebHook integration, as shown below. You can also set this integration’s name to ‘Dynatrace’ and select an icon for the chat bot.
- Copy the Slack-generated destination URL from the Webhook URL to your clipboard.
- Paste the Slack-generated destination URL into the URL field on the Dynatrace Set up Slack integration page.
- Select or type the name of a Slack channel or user into the Channel field.
For example, @user or #general.
- In the Message field, either accept the default message or type a custom message.
Note available placeholders listed at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.
You should now receive Dynatrace problem notifications in your Slack channel that include your custom message, as shown below: