Unified REST API for adding cluster nodes
Because it can be a challenge to maintain data consistency when adding a new node to a cluster, we’ve implemented a mechanism that ensures that new cluster nodes are only added when a cluster is in a stable state. This approach to adding new nodes is analogous to the controlled approach to node removal that we introduced in Dynatrace Managed version 1.158. We’ve added a uniform REST API that’s called by the installer to check that any earlier node installations are complete before any new installations are initiated. Before proceeding with installation, the installer requests the cluster state and stops installation if the cluster isn’t ready to be extended with a new node.
Adding a new node is visually represented in the Home page of the Cluster Management Console via a separate tile titled Joining. While joining, the tile is displayed in white (or red if an error occurs).
During the joining process, you can click the tile to reach a page that displays the details of the process:
The image below shows the enhanced API documentation we’ve provided in support of the additional public endpoints you can now use to safely add new cluster nodes.
- Sometimes valid OneAgent versions weren’t correctly downloaded due to an error related to license checking. This issue has been addressed.
- Manual upgrade of Managed clusters triggered a rolling upgrade. We removed this behavior as it caused confusion among customers.
- When changing the Cluster ActiveGate URL to use HTTPS within CMC settings (Settings > Preferences) the URL reverted to HTTP. This issue has been addressed.
- We fixed a bug that flooded the event logs with
Successful login for Dynatrace pro-active supportnotifications.
Also in this release
- We’ve removed PaaS and infrastructure configuration options from the environment details pages as they’ve been removed from the new licensing model and should only be visible to customers who are still using the earlier licensing model. We’ve also moved the Monthly and annual quotas section to between Total environment quotas and Storage settings so that quota settings are logically grouped.
- We rebranded all customer-facing emails. We’re now using a new template that lists Dynatrace ONE as the primary contact for your support needs.