Get end-to-end distributed tracing, analysis, and actionable answers at scale with out-of-the-box support for OpenTelemetry.
What is OpenTelemetry?
OpenTelemetry is an open-source CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) project formed from the merger of the OpenCensus and OpenTracing projects. It provides a collection of tools, APIs, and SDKs for capturing metrics, distributed traces and logs from applications.
While OpenTelemetry doesn’t provide backend or analytics capabilities, it does provide several integration points for observability platforms to ingest the collected data.
Building the future of
We’ve been in it from the start, and we’re continuing to support adoption and expansion of OpenTelemetry.
End-to-end distributed tracing
We seamlessly integrate OpenTelemetry data to provide end-to-end distributed tracing and analytics. Transactions are automatically captured with always-on profiling and industry-leading diagnostic tools that deliver actionable answers.
- Avoid manual effort with service auto-discovery and automatic instrumentation.
- Understand interdependencies (including Kubernetes pods) with enriched OpenTelemetry data and continuous topology mapping.
- Monitor the impact of services on users and digital experience.
- Debug or tune performance with code-level visibility and analysis.
Precise, AI-powered answers
Our AI-engine, Davis®, continuously analyzes OpenTelemetry and other observability data sources to automatically detect anomalies, identify root cause, and proactively remediate issues.
- Automatically reveal causal dependencies between components, including microservices and Kubernetes.
- Avoid manual threshold setting, with intelligent auto-baselining that adapts as environments change.
- Pinpoint precise root cause by working through billions of dependencies in milliseconds.
Continuous automation and enterprise-scale
With automation and AI at its core, our platform empowers enterprises to fully leverage OpenTelemetry data and achieve observability at scale.
- Keep data in the cloud or on-prem, with the highest availability out-of-the-box.
- Speed and scale without limits, with single-command setup, bi-weekly auto-updates, and management zones
- Ensure data privacy and control with role-based governance and granular access permissions based on apps, services, and more.
- How OpenTelemetry can improve Observability and Monitoring
- Power Demo: Leverage OpenTelemetry with Dynatrace for opensource tracing
- Analyze AWS applications end to end with Dynatrace using AWS Distro for OpenTelemetry
- Performance Clinic: Dynatrace and OpenTelemetry work #BetterTogether
- What is OpenTelemetry? An open-source standard for logs, metrics, and traces
- Automatic and intelligent end-to-end observability for OpenTelemetry Java