Delivery Consultant - Italy
Services / Cinisello Balsamo (Milano), Italy
Are you interested in working with the world’s leading Application Performance Management (APM) solutions? In this role, you’ll work directly with our customers to implement, configure, provide training, and use-case consulting for our award-winning APM solutions. You’ll represent Dynatrace as a trusted adviser in the practice of application performance management, guiding customers along their digital transformation journeys. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new technologies while using your existing knowledge of web applications.
This is a consultant level position, requiring more than just product knowledge and expertise. Ideally you have years of experience running customer engagements, from planning the architecture, to leading the implementation, and are a natural problem solver who likes a variety of challenges while working in complex environments. APM solutions touch multiple groups, making this is a visible position within our customers. It helps to be personable and outgoing because you’ll be right in the middle of things, having regular interactions with developers, architects, business analysts, and line-of-business executives. Your strong technical background, combined with your ability to communicate clearly, credibly, and confidently, will make you the direct cause of “wow!” experiences at our customers.
- Define and deliver education sessions focused on Dynatrace APM solutions in our customers’ environments
- Consult with customers to understand, and then meet, their business and technical goals
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Dynatrace products in Production, Test, and Development customer environments
- Serve as subject matter expert on Dynatrace APM techniques and best practices, combining product expertise with your skills and knowledge
- Identify key “Business Modeling” integration opportunities, especially around reporting, alerting, dashboards, SLAs, etc.
- Analyze performance data and assist with performance troubleshooting / tuning of customer applications, architecture, and practices
- Use APM products to find and point out application anti-patterns and other low-hanging fruit for those great “aha!” moments
- Participate in project scoping, product architectural deployment design, and product deployment sizing
- Build relationships that support the successful adoption and integration of Dynatrace APM products throughout the application lifecycle
- Partner with the sales team as needed in presales technical sessions
- Recommend complementary products or product features to meet customer goals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical discipline
- 2-4+ years of prior classroom or formal training experience, with excellent presentation skills and an ability to adapt to the audience “on the fly” (not really mandatory but desirable)
- 2-3+ years hands-on design and programming in some object-oriented language, preferably in a Java or .NET environment, preferably on medium-to-large online systems. This is not a programming position, but our team routinely works with customer developers and architects and must have these skills to be credible
- 2-3 years consulting experience with application-focused software requiring interactions outside of the data center (other APM tools; large packaged apps; not simply infrastructure)
- Strong architectural understanding of either the JEE or .NET platform and how it works, and a self-directed willingness to learn about other platform and “new stack” technologies
- Clear understanding of highly distributed applications and how they “hang together” and communicate, from the browser or mobile app, through the cloud, CDNs, and third-parties, into the data center, and through to the back end (and back)
- Demonstrated understanding of code- and container-level performance tuning, troubleshooting, and architecture best practices in large multi-tier and SOA-based applications
- Ability to have meaningful discussions around technical concepts such as object-oriented fundamentals, web application infrastructure, memory management and GC, threading, frameworks, design patterns, exception handling, messaging, reflection, aspect-oriented programming, dependency injection, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization via charts and dashboards, including appropriate use of granular and aggregate data
- Speaking knowledge of Big Data and Cloud technologies
- High technical comfort with Windows administration, and with Linux/UNIX command line
- High technical comfort creating and maintaining personal virtual machines (Windows and Linux guest OSes) with products such VMWare Workstation, Parallels, or VirtualBox
- Inherent and proven problem-solving nature, with an engaged, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and attention to detail; comfortable with people from the development labs to the executive offices
- Comfortable taking educated risks as warranted
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Previous Dynatrace experience, or experience with another application-configured APM tool (Desirable)
- Detailed understanding of and experience with specific tuning best practices for major app servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS, LAMP-based, etc)
- Performance tuning in other application tiers (Database, Network, Storage, etc)
- Ability to write or contribute to technical white papers and blogs
- Detailed understanding of Hadoop framework and Cassandra, and related tools and technologies
- Dynatrace has redefined how you monitor today’s digital ecosystems. AI-powered, full stack and completely automated, it’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data, based on deep insight into every user, every transaction, across every application. The world’s leading brands, including, 79 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.