Sales / Bangalore, India
Reporting directly to the SE Manager, the Sales Engineer is a key member of the Sales team as a sales engineer supporting the local sales team. In the Sales Engineering role they will be responsible for sales calls, presentations, product demonstrations, handling RFI/RFP responses and customer questions as well as running Proof of Concepts which includes installation and demonstration of the Dynatrace solution in the customer’s environment. Although a member of larger Sales Engineering team, Sales Engineer’s success will be largely defined by the success of primary Sales Manager that s/he supports. Key components are knowledge or quickly acquiring knowledge of the product, application life cycle methodology, competitive landscape and positioning key product differentiators.
- Presenting and demonstrating the Dynatrace solutions
- Running and managing proof of concepts with prospects with the goal of demonstrating value to justify customer acquisition.
- Proficient at the technical installation and product usage
- Participating in sales calls with sales teams both onsite and remote
- Responding to RFP/RFI and customer technical questions
- Participating at marketing and seminar events including speaking at events
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Total 10+ years experience, out of which 3 - 5 plus years demonstrated experience as a Sales Engineer supporting enterprise/performance management software. Candidates with experience of Performance Testing/Engineering methodologies and solutions may also apply.
- Proven track record of solution selling to enterprise and mid-level organizations. Experience of working with government organizations and familiarity with government’s tendering/bidding processes.
- Experience of building/enabling partner teams and supporting them through the entire sales cycle in order to best leverage partner strengths.
- Good industry and technical knowledge on latest cloud technologies e.g. AWS, MS-Azure, Google cloud and various private clouds will be an added advantage.
- Possess good industry and technical knowledge of the latest SDLC methodologies and trends e.g. DevOps, Agile etc.
- Possess good industry and technical knowledge to be able to support customers complex application environments-specifically Java, .NET and PHP applications. Experience of core software development and understanding of SDLC will be an added advantage.Previous experience in Application Performance Management space with strong desire for development and application architecture experience and background. Coding level knowledge a big plus especially Java, .Net, PHP
- Possess both passionate, innovative, can do attitude required for a start-up company.
- Must have excellent communications skills both verbal and written. They need to be able to develop and expand the web based and work with marketing and sales to refine our service value proposition, literature as well as sales approach. They also would be expected to have experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements as well as being able to present and sell our product to customer’s technical and executive audience.
- Proven track record of success in Sales Engineer role.
- Strong technical background including a relevant degree Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Must be willing to travel
- Knowledge of and commitment to EEO, Inclusion and OH&S policies and procedures.