Director of Revenue Accounting
Administration / Waltham, Massachusetts
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company
- Technical expertise in US GAAP with significant experience preparing and reviewing whitepapers
- Experience with software revenue recognition under ASC 605 and ASC 606 required
- Prior experience in implementing and carrying out Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Demonstrable experience in project management, timeline development and achievement
- Must have exceptional organization and communication skills
- Primary responsibility will be to serve as subject matter expert for revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Oversee the revenue ensuring proper recognition in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's accounting policies.
- Provides proper and proactive accounting guidance in support of deal teams.
- Create audit-ready whitepapers for significant and non-standard sales contracts and lead external auditors in connection with revenue-related audit procedures.
- Develop, maintain and update internal controls documentation for revenue recognition and support internal and external audits of internal controls.
- Provide detailed revenue analysis to support FP&A, senior management and the business.
- Evaluate current revenue processes, accounting, systems and procedures to identify areas for additional efficiencies.
- Implementation and maintenance of revenue recognition policy documentation and related internal control procedures
- Development and maintenance of ASC 606 stand-alone selling price calculations.
- Reconciliation and forecasting of deferred revenue balances
- CPA required, preferably with Big 4 Accounting Firm experience
- Must be a highly-motivated individual with the ability to engage others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong capability for discussions and interactions with the Company’s senior management
- Minimum of 10 years overall experience, with prior experience in a revenue supervisor/manager role at a public company with multiple, complex revenue streams.
- Experience with SAAS and software revenue recognition required.
- Experience with SalesForce.com and/or NetSuite is a plus
- Strong understanding and experience dealing with regulatory requirements and auditors on SAAS and software revenue arrangements.
- Ability to read contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate, practical, scalable accounting guidance and issue resolution to business managers.
- Experience in environments with high transaction volume required, preferably with experience building/scaling a high growth revenue organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be comfortable connecting with and communicating with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls over the entire quote-to-cash process.
- Must have flexibility to travel between the Company’s headquarters in Waltham, MA, Detroit, MI and Maidenhead, UK (estimated 20% travel)
- Preferred location is Detroit, MI but open to Waltham, MA
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.