Legal Counsel - Northern Europe
Administration / Maidenhead, Great Britain
Dynatrace is looking for a new legal counsel to join its global legal team, with a focus on handling commercial transactions for North EMEA.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- You will draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, primarily for software licensing and related services, in collaboration with sales, services, finance and other business units; as well as other commercial contracts as needed.
- Primary responsibility will be for Northern Europe, with the opportunity to be responsible for European channel partner arrangements as well.
- You will respond promptly to legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, effectively communicating legal concepts that business people can use, and provide support for Marketing, Procurement, HR and other constituents in collaboration with and with support from other members of the legal team.
- You will support the continuous improvement of standard agreements, policies and processes.
- You will assist with the drafting, revision, and administration of corporate policies
- Strong experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including but not limited to software licenses (SaaS and on premises), professional services, reseller and referral agreements, and vendor/supplier contracts.
- Understanding of intellectual property, licensing, SaaS, revenue recognition, privacy and other legal matters that arise in the connect of commercial transactions.
- Strong commercial sensibilities, and ability to work closely with business people on their terms, and to negotiate some commercial terms as well as legal terms. Strong contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Cross-border and/or international experience required.
- 7-10 years’ overall legal experience. At least 3 to 5 years’ relevant professional experience in core areas of responsibility, preferably in an in-house role with a software or technology-oriented company.
- Able to work and act decisively in a fast-paced, high activity environment; ability to manage and respond to messages quickly and juggle multiple deals at one time.
- Able to provide quick, concise and practical advice consistent with Dynatrace business objectives and processes, while ensuring business needs are met.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Strategic and pragmatic thinking.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team are a must; strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Privacy, Intellectual Property, or Employment is a plus.
- Business level fluency in English is a requirement, similar fluency in another relevant language would be a significant asset.
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises, including 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.