Federal Account Executive -DoD (Remote Office)
Sales / Washington, D.C.
The Federal Account Executive will prospect, attain, grow and maintain a specified territory within the Federal Government. Responsible for developing a sustainable product sales pipeline to meet forecasted revenue targets.
This role will specifically focus on penetration of Department of Defense accounts, and previous experience selling into that space is required.
Territory planning and reporting: completion of quarterly territory plan, timely and complete weekly sales reporting (both written and verbal reviews). Development of new sales: development of qualified customers, consistent growth of sales funnel, complete customer proposals, conduct onsite customer presentations, negotiate contracts within established price and terms guidelines
Selling skills: complete organizational mapping of all buyers and buying influences, identification of key customer and buyer priorities, use weekly planning to overcome red flags. Daily use of software: document all accounts and customers with contact information and demographics, add all potential sales into opportunities, always have quarterly forecast current
Professional sales growth: Actively participate in the quarterly and weekly meetings, be an expert on all Dynatrace software products and have a detailed understanding of competitors
- 7–15 years of enterprise software sales experience in the Federal space, specifically DoD accounts
- Aggressive, action-oriented, results-oriented, and closing techniques
- Sales skills; prospecting, qualification, verbal presentation, and closing
- Experience in the generation of sales revenues through new and existing accounts that you will be assigned
- Extensive account management, renewal sales, consultative selling, managing sales cycles, maintaining client relationships
- Negotiating and closing clients
- Demonstrated history of closing business opportunities and building long-term relationships, consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota
- History of attaining revenue and performance goals as well as the maintenance of a customer base
- Meet or exceed revenue and/or activity quota through solution selling
- High energy, self-motivated and persistent
- Goal oriented
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills required