Customer Event Director
Marketing / Waltham, Massachusetts
Digital performance monitoring leader, Dynatrace, is a rapidly growing SaaS company with a driven, innovative global marketing team. And we’re on the hunt for a Director of Global Events, who can help us tie together strategy, design, theme, communication and experience across: Our own, hosted Perform series events, tradeshows, partner shows, conferences, and more. These events are high profile, and play an extremely important role in our strategy to communicate and build experiences with our target market, partners and customers. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and experienced individual to do two crucial things. 1. Act as the motivational, business, and day to day leader for our Perform world series, user groups and meet ups. Your aim is to help us to accelerate the growth and recognition of these events across the US, EMEA, LATAM and APAC. 2. Work with fellow brand and comms team members, and the demand-gen team, to ensure our tradeshow, partner and conference participation is executed in line with our high level brand and communication strategy. The successful candidate will bring a broad and global experience, and successful track record to collaborate with all marketing and sales leaders.
What you get to do in this role
- Provide leadership by setting directions in conjunction with the other marketing functions and regional teams; creating clarity for all work streams and functional teams; operating transparently and building partnership with all areas of the company; managing the process, teams, budgets, and schedules to deliver on time and on objective
- Deliver positive impact to pipeline and brand perception.
- Be the physical embodiment of our Perform world series events
- Define and advocate its successful impact on the company; creating and delivering flawless and awesome content and experience; building and refining how Dynatrace as a company and personally present themselves at these events.
- Set the near and longer team vision and plan for these pivotal and fast-growing events.
- Work hand in hand with the balance of the events team, regional teams, marketing communication, corporate branding, senior management, and others to build consensus, align goals and activities, and increased impact on audience perception of Dynatrace.
- Manage internal and external teams to deliver and report on Perform events annually around the world.
- Provide best practice and comparative reviews of competitors’, industry, and leading events and programs.
- Be and bring the left and right brain aspects of the program together.
- As a member of the Brand and Comms team you will be a key contributor to setting the department’s and events’ direction and visions; bringing all our hosted events to life in a way that positions us as an industry thought leader. Success will be measured by the impact the events and portfolio have on: attendee numbers, attendee feedback, changing perceptions about Dynatrace.
- 7+ years in designing, developing, and delivery of major hosted programs for customers and prospects globally, preferably in the IT or related industries.
- A widely-respected reputation for: creating and/or transforming programs; working with field marketing, customer marketing and sales teams; managing diverse teams; bringing visions to life; and delivering impact
- Successfully led several complete events or diverse work streams from initial objective setting through brainstorming, development, and deployment. Should have significantly created or transformed an event or experience to increase its’ impact and reach its objectives.
- Experience with the business impact and strategic use of large user conferences (2,000+), global seminar series, 1st and 3rd party events in the IT industry.
- Exceptional leadership, teambuilding, collaborative skills developing and working with high performing teams who understand business and audience needs. And proven ability to contribute to cross-functional global teams - Ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization via presentation, written, and spoken channels
- A “Yes. And…” and “How do we?” approach to exploration, problem solving, and consensus development
- Desire to thrive in a rapid growth, fast paced environment and adapts well to change; can act with urgency.
- A self-driven work ethic and yet a true, team player
The ability to travel as needed including to event sites for multiple days. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. Dynatrace is on a rapid growth trajectory and we want to bring along a bunch of awesome marketers along for the ride. Have you got what it takes? We’ll offer you a fun, collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most forward thinking technologists, sales and marketing folk in the world. We hope to hear from you!
Dynatrace has redefined how you monitor today’s digital ecosystems. AI-powered, full stack and completely automated, it’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data, based on deep insight into every user, every transaction, across every application. More than 8,000 customers use Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.