Bi-lingual Contracts Negotiator
Administration / Waltham, Massachusetts
Dynatrace has redefined how you monitor today’s digital ecosystems. AI-powered, full stack and completely automated, it’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data, based on deep insight into every user, every transaction, across every application. The world’s leading brands, including, 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.
As the Contracts Negotiator you will work with the Sales, Services and Finance teams on commercial transactions. Based at our headquarters in Waltham, your role as a member of the global Legal team will involve working closely with offices in the NORAM and LATAM regions, providing practical and commercially focused advice and support, as well as participating in team projects within the global Legal team. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, flexibility, excellent communication skills and an ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Prepare, review and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, primarily for Software as a Service (SaaS), software licensing and related services, as well as non-disclosure, evaluation and vendor agreements as needed.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Services and Finance teams to ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Review and respond to customer requests for proposals (RFPs), non-disclosure agreements, sales documentation.
- As part of the global Legal team, help build and maintain our commercial contracting processes and tools, including periodic updates and improvements to share knowledge, adopt standards and standard processes, and improve contracting efficiencies.
- Strong commercial contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- 6-10 years relevant experience, preferably in an in-house role with a software or technology company.
- 4-6 years of contract negotiation experience.
- Strong analytical and commercial contract drafting, review, management and negotiation skills.
- Experience working with technology companies, SaaS and software licensing (term and perpetual) and services.
- Experience with customer procurement processes, RFPs, and alternative contracting vehicles,
- Experience working through re-sellers, systems integrators and managed service providers.
- Working knowledge of data privacy is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team are a must.
- Strong organizational and project management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work and act decisively in a fast-paced, high activity environment; comfortable in managing and responding to requests for legal support quickly and managing multiple priorities at once.
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to existing challenges; strategic and pragmatic.
- Able to provide quick, concise and practical advice consistent with business objectives and processes.
- Interested in learning and growing in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree. The Senior Negotiator does not need to have a JD/law degree.
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.