Marketing / Waltham, Massachusetts
One of the core leadership positions within the Marketing team, this role will have an ability to develop a strategic campaigns/content plan aligned with the buyers’ journey and be able to deploy it with operational rigor to online and offline channels. With content being an important way to increase awareness and understanding of our differentiated product value in the marketplace, it is essential that this leader is able to understand the use of content by buyers—developing a content strategy that meets their needs at every stage of the buying process.
The Campaign Director oversees marketing campaigns initiatives as it is used in the customer journey (end-to-end), both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive awareness, engagement, and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to campaigns and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with the departments of brand/communications, solution marketing, sales, customer service to promote the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer. This position is global in nature as the content strategy and especially the localization strategy must be communicated to and agreed with all regions. Ultimately, the job of the Campaign Director is to be that modern marketer, leading the development of campaign initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an overarching content strategy.
- Experience working with SEO agencies preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills - show us copy that tells a story and oozes personality.
- Familiarity with modern marketing automation tools such as Hubspot, Marketo and Salesforce - Experience with a SaaS software company a plus.
- Desire to work in a start-up environment, yet produce highly polished work.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and social media marketing applications (Hootsuite).
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative, sales and product partners to achieve company’s stated goals  .
- Proven editorial skills.
- Outstanding command of the English language and experience managing multi-language translations.
- Identify the customer lifecycle (relate it to the buyers' journey) and implement programs that supports decisioning.
- Translating the brand strategy into production-ready templates for multi-channel distribution--ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice and done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Develop the inbound content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why with continuous optimization.
- Develop of a functional Campaigns calendar throughout the customer verticals and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Create a strategy and centralized methodology for field marketing to use that creates brand consistency and efficiency. - Integration of content activities within product marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with inbound marketing to evaluate usability tests to gauge content effectiveness and syndication aligned to marketing goals.
- Leverage market data to develop Campaign themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioural metrics.
- Establish a workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conduct periodic competitive audits.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Copyedit content for all new feature announcements.
- Deliver technical information in easily-digestible bits that our least tech-savvy users can handle.
Dynatrace has redefined how you monitor today’s digital ecosystems. AI-powered, full stack and completely automated, it’s the only solution that provides answers, not just data, based on deep insight into every user, every transaction, across every application. More than 8,000 customers use Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.