Partner Sales Engineer - North America
Sales / Waltham, Massachusetts
An excellent opportunity to be a key contributor in the highly dynamic Dynatrace partner business. This individual will be responsible for providing pre-sales engineering leadership and expert guidance to our partners on Dynatrace’s cloud offerings and up-levelling the existing partner base on their Application Performance Management and Digital Experience Management practices. In conjunction with a team of Partner Sales Managers, this person will also offer guidance and help drive the recruitment, business planning and on-boarding of cloud relevant partners. This role will also involve helping to innovate the joint offerings of Dynatrace and the partner, as well as operationalizing and driving the programs behind these offerings. Dynatrace is looking for technically-knowledgeable, assertive, success-driven, energetic person who wants to have fun while creating a successful career at a leading organization. This individual will be working as a team with the NORAM Partner Leadership, to drive the continued success of our partner business.
Purpose of the role:
- Shared responsible for delivery of technical partner training of Dynatrace North American Partners, covering both on-boarding and solution update training
- Work closely with the Partner Sales Managers and the Partner Program Manager to define and execute a strategy aligned with the field needs.
- Ability to build and showcase Demo/lab capabilities of Dynatrace software offerings to potential and existing partners.
- Shared responsibility to enable the sales & pre-sales teams of Dynatrace partners to a baseline understanding of how Dynatrace offerings can solve the complex challenges of managing the enterprise cloud
- Directly involved in the most important partner sales engagements and working effectively with local in region pre-sales and PSMs
- Travel to existing and potential partners within North America, to promote and develop new business relationships with the Partner Sales Managers.
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with key sales, pre-sales, and delivery resources within Dynatrace partner accounts.
- Work with the Dynatrace Customer Success team to create case studies and win stories to support the partner sales efforts.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience:
- Deep understanding of Java, J2EE, .NET and related frameworks, containers, IDEs and technologies.
- Previous experience of writing code (dev experience) or Quality Assurance engineer on large projects preferred.
- Awareness and familiarity of application performance problems and the impact of that on a company’s cost and brand.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Have experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements
- Being able to present the value of the Dynatrace to both technical and executive audiences.
- Ability to speak to the needs of different levels of an organization (Developer, Manager, VP, etc.)
- Ability to be coached and react quickly in selling situations.
- Experience creating architecture and other design documents and diagrams.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes and methodologies.
- Outgoing personality, desire to work hard and have fun, team spirit.
- Knowledge of the Dynatrace solution set preferred
- Presentation and communication skills
- Capable of delivering clear presentations as well as to teach the partners to deliver the technical and business value of the Dynatrace solution set.
- Capable of working in international environments, respecting different personal and cultural views.
- Independence and flexibility
- Work under own direction and initiative, managing time effectively and prioritizing tasks according to partner leadership needs.
- Capable of successfully adapting to changing situations.
- Willingness to travel across North America on a regular basis.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises, including 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.