Enterprise Solutions Architect
Services / Detroit, Michigan
- Consult with customers to understand, and then meet, their business and technical goals
- Develop, and support, integrations with 3rd party tools and devices to extend the footprint of Dynatrace
- Work with customers to provide information on how to best incorporate the- Dynatrace product into non-out-of-the-box supported environments
- Serve as subject matter expert on techniques and best practices for extending Dynatrace, combining product expertise with your skills and knowledge
- Participate in project scoping and integration architectural deployment design
- Partner with the sales team as needed in presales technical sessions
- Recommend complementary products or product features to meet customer goals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years hands-on design and programming in some object-oriented language, preferably Python
- Strong architectural understanding of either the JEE or .NET platform and how it works, and a self-directed willingness to learn about other platform and “new stack” technologies
- Clear understanding of highly distributed applications and how they “hang together” and communicate, from the browser or mobile app, through the cloud, CDNs, and third-parties, into the data center, and through to the back end (and back)
- Ability to have meaningful discussions around technical concepts such as object-oriented fundamentals, web application infrastructure, memory management and GC, threading, frameworks, design patterns, exception handling, messaging, reflection, aspect-oriented programming, dependency injection, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization via charts and dashboards, including appropriate use of granular and aggregate data
- High technical comfort with Windows administration, and with Linux/UNIX command line
- High technical comfort creating and maintaining personal virtual machines (Windows and Linux guest OSes) with VirtualBox
- Experience with, and understanding of, Docker for personal test environments
- Inherent and proven problem-solving nature, with an engaged, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and attention to detail; comfortable with people from the development labs to the executive offices
- Comfortable taking educated risks as warranted
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous Dynatrace experience, or experience with another application-configured APM tool
- A broad experience with network devices, databases and messaging systems
- Ability to write or contribute to technical white papers and blogs
- 2-4+ years consulting experience with application-focused software requiring interactions outside of the data center (other APM tools; large packaged apps; not simply infrastructure)
- Extensive knowledge of Python
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises, including 72 of the Fortune 100, trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.