Technical Account Manager / Architect
Sales / Canberra, Australia
Ensure successful adoption of Dynatrace technologies throughout the software application life-cycle to provide real-time analytics which help our customers proactively avoid performance issues and rapidly diagnose and resolve problems should they occur.
The Architect/Technical Account Manager is a vital member of the team. The role focuses on helping customers to maximize the value that Dynatrace delivers, enabling them to deliver high performing applications with first rate customer experience.
This role will be focused primarily on a single Federal account and take responsibility for supporting the on-site Dynatrace team in delivery of best practice around Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). The objective here is to assist in migrating and modernizing legacy applications to exploit new technology, with improved resilience and scalability.
Customer environments will vary widely. Significant performance problems may take down customer applications, creating a high-stress, time-critical working environment. Other situations may need a more measured approach with rigorous change control and approval processes. Regardless, engagements often take place in cross-organizational, highly political, and visible atmospheres so excellent business analysis, communication and customer management skills, and the ability to constantly make progress and add value while keeping all parties updated on progress, are essential skills.
Successful applications will have an application focus, and will be intuitive problem solvers comfortable in complex environments, seeking a wide variety of challenges to help them grow.
The successful applicant will be required to analyse and understand customer requirements and identify the most appropriate Dynatrace technology to address them. Coupled with your strong architecture and analysis skills, you will assist in providing a vision that enables the customer to maximize their investment in Dynatrace. This will require some “out of the box” thinking and a good business outcome focus.
You will interact with a wide variety of roles both business and IT. You will need to gain mastery of this knowledge along with the ability to communicate clearly, credibly, and confidently.
- Provide business, technical, and product knowledge in support of post sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction
- Earn the confidence of customers and colleagues as trusted advisor in Software Intelligence and Performance Management
- Represent Dynatrace as a product expert on its technology
- Provide quality assurance for services delivery including regular, accurate task status information, including progress and associated risks or issues
- Deploy, administer, configure, maintain, and mature Dynatrace technology as it relates to customer needs
- Ensure effective monitoring of critical business applications
- Build and enhance dashboards, reports and alerts to meet customer requirements
- Help customers troubleshoot, profile, and predict application performance issues
- Mentor and train customers on Dynatrace technology and best practices
- Assist sales team in identifying new opportunities for product and services at customers
- Build Dynatrace brand loyalty
- Defend Dynatrace solution against competitive threats
Qualifications & Skills:
- Essential – Computer Science or IT degree
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent presentation and technical writing skills and experience with creating professional reports
- Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities
- Ability to make technical decisions based on strong analytical reasoning skills
- Strong passion and desire to learn new technology
- Ability to tackle complex application environments to provide customers with clear ability to transfer technical aspects into business concepts
- Expertise in one or more of these key technologies is desirable:
J2EE, ASP.NET, Web development
Java, .NET, Node.js, Python
Cloud and Infrastructure technologies such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes etc.
- Ideally 8+ years’ experience in IT consulting, business analysis or similar;
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical account management role.
- Customer focused
- Outcomes oriented
- Forward (strategic) thinking
- Innovative and learning orientated
- Trustworthy, honest and ethical
- Consultative and collaborative
- Organised and quality focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- At minimum baseline security clearance, preferably higher.