Expert Services Consultant
Services / Wellington, New Zealand
The Dynatrace Expert Services (ES) Consultant is a key member of the team responsible for delivering Dynatrace professional services, focused on enabling our customers to take control of performance management of their critical applications. ES ensures our customers’ successful adoption of Dynatrace technologies throughout the software application lifecycle in order to proactively avoid performance and stability issues and to rapidly diagnose and resolve problems should they occur.
Customer environments will vary widely. Significant performance problems may take down customer applications, creating a high-stress, time-critical working environment. Other situations may need a more measured approach with rigorous change control and approval processes. Regardless, engagements often take place in cross-organizational, highly political, and visible atmospheres so excellent customer management skills, and the ability to constantly make progress and add value, are essential skills.
Successful ES Consultants will have a high-tech background with an application focus and will be intuitive problem solvers comfortable in complex environments, seeking a wide variety of challenges to help them grow.
A strong understanding of appropriate technologies (described briefly below) are required as this role calls for more than simple product installation and configuration. The successful applicant will be required to develop skills in using Dynatrace technology to help isolate and analyze application performance problems. They will interact with developers, architects, and business analysts and need to gain mastery of this knowledge along with the ability to communicate clearly, credibly, and confidently.
- Represent Dynatrace as a product expert on the APM suite
- Earn the confidence of customers as trusted advisor in Application Performance Management
- Deploy, administer, configure, maintain, and mature APM as it relates to customer needs
- Ensure effective monitoring of critical business applications at customer sites
- Build and enhance dashboards and reports to meet requirements of IT and business
- Help customers troubleshoot, profile, and predict application performance issues
- Mentor and train customers on Dynatrace technology and best practices
- Assist sales team in identifying new opportunities for product and services at customers
- Build Dynatrace brand loyalty
- Defend Dynatrace solution against competitive threats
Qualifications & Skills:
- Essential - Computer Science or IT degree
- Expertise in one or more of these key technologies is desirable
- Ability to tackle complex application environments to provide customers with clear ability to transfer technical aspects into business concepts
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong passion and desire to learn new technology
- Solid presentation and writing skills and experience with creating professional reports
- Knowledge of and commitment to EEO, Inclusion and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in IT consulting or similar.
J2EE, ASP.NET, Web development
- Customer focused
- Outcomes oriented
- Forward (strategic) thinking
- Innovative and learning orientated
- Trustworthy, honest and ethical
- Consultative and collaborative
- Organised and quality focused
- Flexible and adaptable
- Report to the Expert Services Manager or Regional Director and deliver technical services in line with agreed commercial arrangements
- Project Manager: Provide regular, accurate and complete task status information, including progress and any associated risks or issues
- Project Team Members: Provide assistant to other project team members, as necessary
- Customers / Clients: Deliver technical products and services to meet business requirements