Senior Data Engineer
R&D / Gdansk, Poland
Data = information = knowledge = power. Do you want to hold the keys to that power? Are you motivated by solving challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code, deliver solutions, and bring valuable data sets together to answer business questions? If this sounds like an environment where you will thrive, come and join our Data Engineering team. Interested? Cause we are!
About the role
As a Data Engineer, you will work as a member of the Data Engineering team to ensure the highest quality data is made available for swift analysis and BI report generation. You will help to architect and further develop the data processing pipeline. You should have extensive experience in the creation, development, and business usage of extremely large data sets. You should be eager to work with massive data sets, someone who loves to bring data sets together to answer business questions, drive change, and deliver answers.
Part of your responsibilities will be building reliable and scalable tools. On a typical day, while working closely with analysts and managers, you will improve the data processing and modeling pipeline by providing high-quality designs and structures to feed our self-service platform. As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will be at the center of Dynatrace product innovation. In addition, you will help to improve the speed of ingesting data into our data lake, find ways to make our data pipeline more efficient, or even come up with ideas to encourage self-serve data engineering within the company. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on our product and work on our crucial Digital Business Platform.
You will spend a lot of time identifying ways to make our platform better, working with various data, and transforming that data into solid solutions that make business decisions easier. You will help to provide value by enabling better self-serve for our customers and improving their time to reliable insights. We guarantee plenty of challenges and scope to grow.
We are fully remote until Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and it is safe to socialize. In the Post-Covid 19 reality we offer hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
- Develop new capabilities in our data warehouses and pipelines in most complex data environments
- Apply data modeling techniques to organize and transform data into meaningful and valuable output
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (including BI expert, analytics team, and product management) to deliver and optimize data sources to address specified business requirements
- Analyze and model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Improve the reliability, flexibility, and scalability of our existing tools
- Engage in processes ensuring the highest security standards in controlling data access
- Improve existing patterns and frameworks for quickly aggregating millions of raw data records into actionable metrics
Desired skills & experience
- At least 3 years professional experience as a software engineer or data engineer
- Advanced SQL knowledge, including data structure optimization and fast data retrieval from data warehouses such as Snowflake and AWS Redshift
- Strong work experience in data warehousing and business intelligence in an enterprise setting
- Experience in building reliable, performant streaming and batch processing data pipelines
- Knowledge of modern, cloud-based data pipeline best practices
- Expertise in data analysis
- Experience and willingness to work in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player
Welcome additional skills
- Experience with Java
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure)
- Experience in enabling an organization to become highly data-driven
- Experience in building and running continuous integration pipelines
- An open mind to try solutions that may seem impossible at first
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Lab in Poland, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Senior: 14k - 22k PLN gross per month