Linux System Engineer
Administration / Gdansk, Poland
Are you passionate about Linux Engineering? Do you want to help us set the strategy and direction for the Linux operation system? Are you eager to join a global leader that enables digital transformation? If yes, join Dynatrace!
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Linux System Engineer who will help us set the strategy and direction for the Linux operating system in our company. As a Linux System Engineer, you will be supporting the internal and cloud-based systems used by our Employee Digital Enablement Group (EDE). You will set up, upgrade, administrate, design, and troubleshoot computer systems and associated hardware and software. You will troubleshoot computer systems and associated hardware and software. You will be the subject matter expert of Linux across the whole company.
Dynatrace is a global leader in Software Intelligence because the world needs software to work perfectly. Our innovative SaaS product helps customers to achieve self-driving IT. Thanks to our high-quality standards and cutting-edge technologies, we are proud to have customers like H&M, Delta Airlines, SAP, United Health Care, JP Morgan, and many others.
We are fully remote until Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and it is safe to socialize. In the Post-Covid-19 reality we offer hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Managing all EDE Linux-based systems.
- Taking care of the architecture and rollouts of a set of capabilities that will allow EDE to standardize and better manage various Linux distributions deployed around the world.
- Developing standards for end-user Linux builds and supported applications.
- Working closely with Development and Tech Ops teams on implementing processes worldwide,
- Integrating Linux systems into existing management structures (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Intune, MAM, MDM, Puppet and Microsoft 365) or alternatives to meet departmental functionality and security goals.
- Supporting the migration of on-premises systems to AWS.
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Technical studies.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux Distributions (Red hat, Ubuntu).
- Linux Certifications (RHCE, LFCE, LPIC-3, etc.) preferred.
- Proven track record of managing and integrating Linux into a predominately Microsoft environment.
- Broad knowledge of the following IT Disciplines: Server, Datacenter, Telecom, Messaging, desktop architecture and build methodologies.
- Experience in working as part of a global IT Engineering team within a software company.
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Lab in Poland, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Linux System Engineer: 12,5k - 17k PLN gross per month