Lead Product Engineer
R&D / Gdansk, Poland
Do you want to focus on technical leadership? Are you a passionate and experienced Software Engineer looking for more? Do you want to take on responsibility and keep feeding your passion for software development? Do you see the big picture and have a talent for aligning people and fostering collaboration? Do you focus not only on product development but also on delivery to customers? Then come to Dynatrace!
About the role
Lead Product Engineers provide technical leadership in end-to-end delivery of major product features, providing status transparency, high quality outcomes, and feature completeness. You'll be a technical leader for a couple of Software Engineering teams that focus on specific business value delivery. As a Lead Product Engineer, you'll make sure that all actions required to deliver product value and increments take place properly, and you'll take action on feedback gathered after delivery. You'll coordinate cross-team dependencies and team alignment, and you'll drive decision making required to deliver the feature. You'll be a bridge between all parties involved, especially other Lead Product Engineers, Product Managers, Product Architects, Software Engineers, Product Owners, Program Managers, and Development Directors.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Gradually (with a ramp-up phase of 6 to 12 months) taking on the responsibilities of a Lead Product Engineer (LPE), where you'll focus on engineering, value creation, and product delivery.
- Bringing different engineering teams and stakeholders together to create the best possible Dynatrace experience for our customers (use-case focus).
- Driving technology decisions and being responsible for end-to-end delivery and high-quality outcome.
- Forming internal project teams and coordinating cross-team activity to enhance value creation.
- Making sure that the teams are aligned with our roadmap and that they focus on their charter.
- Ensuring that feedback and release cycles happen continuously and new findings are taken into consideration.
- Identifying the need for engineering power and finding solutions with our Development leadership.
Desired skills & experience:
- Deep experience in software development as Senior or Principal Software Engineer.
- Several years of leadership experience (either technical leadership or team leadership) on positions like Product Owner, Team Lead, Department Lead, or similar positions in an agile IT/software environment.
- Excellent communication skills—you are able to get different stakeholders (Product Management, Product Owners, Product Architects, and others) on the same page and align people and strategy.
- Team player skills with a passion for leading through coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues to advance the business.
It is not in our DNA to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We thrive on our skills and knowledge and act as a team of people where everyone can perform in their area of excellence.
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Lab in Poland, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Senior: 20k - 26k PLN gross per month