Team Leader (Java)
R&D / Gdansk, Poland
Are you ready to lead and develop a team of software developers? We are looking for an experienced leader who is focused on building an exceptional team that will shape the future of Dynatrace. Interested? Cause we are!
About the role
As Team Leader of the Extensions Team, you will do what it takes to establish a great team that creates a great product together. You will focus on team members—their talents, strengths, and creativity—so that they’re leveraged to maximum effect. Our goal in this team is to provide an effective way of extending Dynatrace with various technologies that needs to be monitored.
If Java is your background but you would like to focus on people, join our team and help us deliver value to our customers. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact. At Dynatrace, we build our product with performance, scale, and security in mind.
We are fully remote until Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and it is safe to socialize. In the Post-Covid-19 reality we offer hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating an inspiring, cooperative environment with an open communication culture and ownership within a team
- Discovering training needs, and motivating and helping team members to grow
- Acting proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective cross-collaboration, and organizing team-building activities
- Making sure that Scrum and Agile practices are in place
- Doing what it takes to Get Things Done
- Participating in building the product roadmap
- Continuously building upon and improving the Dynatrace product
- Overseeing day-to-day operations and setting clear team goals, with a focus on high performance, quality, and scalability
- Supporting the team with designing, implementing, and testing new features
- Helping Lead Product Engineers in driving value creation and product delivery, and supporting Directors of Software Development with formal tasks that concern the team
- Mentoring team members on software craftsmanship
- Participating in job interviews
Desired skills & experience:
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development, including a leading role
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Java
- Very good communication and cooperation skills
- Strong desire to help other people grow
- Experience with Agile methodologies (for example, as Scrum Master)
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Focus on high quality (to keep up with our no-ops approach)
- Good English communication skills
When submitting your CV, please be aware that, due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, we are currently subject to restrictions that limit our ability to extend offers to non-EU citizens for positions at our lab in Poland. We are keeping the situation under review and will adjust our position should the restrictive measures change. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it on file until further notice.
Team Captain: 14k - 23k PLN gross per month