Java Engineer (Log Monitoring)
R&D / Gdansk, Poland
We’re committed to a common goal: to improve software performance, because now, more than ever, software needs to work perfectly. We are looking for skilled and independent Software Engineers who really love R&D and want to dive into performance. We offer a caring environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive with the support of like-minded colleagues. If you like the sound of that, then this is the place for you! Scroll down for more.
About the role
We make log analysis more approachable by making it more automatic. Check it out: https://www.dynatrace.com/platform/log-monitoring/.
We're building a platform for high-performance, large-scale, high-throughput log ingestion and analysis. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a platform built from the ground up as we evolve and redefine the whole concept of dealing with logs. Your work will be used by the biggest companies in the world, so your impact is huge. You will make sure our product can ingest various data formats and present them to the user to deliver answers, not just raw data. You will validate our ideas and solutions with both internal and external customers. By contributing to the Dynatrace platform, you will create a very competitive product on the market. All of this makes our daily job a never-ending challenge. We solve complex problems throughout the Dynatrace product and promptly see the results of our work.
We recently prepared a summary of the challenges that Log Monitoring is facing. That should be a good basis for you to get to know us and the Log Monitoring team a little bit better.
We are fully remote until Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and it is safe to socialize. In the Post-Covid 19 reality we offer hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
We can guarantee
- Mentoring from best-in-class software engineers
- One whole day per Sprint for self-development
- Hackathons, where you can innovate Dynatrace
- Working on a world-class, enterprise-grade product
- Your ideas will be heard and you will be able to act on them!
You’ll be responsible for
- Designing, implementing, and testing new features
- Questioning the status quo and engaging in building the product roadmap to ensure the highest value outcome
- Asking difficult questions and challenging others to constantly improve our work
- Proactively improving product and code quality
- Working with the support team to resolve client problems
Desired skills & experience
- Professional Java experience
- Focus on delivering product value to customers
- Experience in distributed and multi-tier web applications
- Ability to perceive functionalities from a global end-to-end perspective
- Mindset for great quality, as our product is designed to help other companies
- Good communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Quality-first mindset
- Analytical thinking
Welcome additional skills
- Working knowledge of Agile methods (Scrum)
- Experience with newer Java standards
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Lab in Poland, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Regular: 10k - 16k PLN gross per month
Senior: 14k - 22k PLN gross per month